Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Auto Tune for Windows

Hi English Jim

There is actually an easier way to bus the output of a track to another track's input than the way you described. Just set the first track's output to bus 1, and set the other track's input to the same bus. No need to set any levels if you do it this way, and I bet it's quicker than hooking up a cable, too!

All the best

Espen
Old 12-21-2001, 09:11 PM

espron, i think that's what he said, with the bus. APOULOS, that exactly what i was talking about. I was asking what i thought was an important, valid question. Auto-Tune saves time. If you don't have anything productive to say, shut up! Save your self-righteous insecure insults for yourself. You're a dick, you shouldn't be making music. I think i've got the Auto-Tune thing figured out guys, thanks a lot to everyone who helped me out. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2001, 12:20 AM

I agree with Apoulos. There is a fine line with being a musician and being a computer operater these days. If you can't sing the ****ing song then get someone who can. You sound so desperate to have your voice in tune. Either change the key of the song or get some-one who can sing in key. Music should be an expression of your soul. If you need plug-ins and other gear to make that expression then you are missing the point. Plug ins should enhance your music, not make a ****** singer sing in key. Man you sound like you are more interested in making music to stroke your ego than to express yourself Bob-sw [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2001, 05:33 PM

NO, you're missing the point. Music "shouldn't" be anything.There is no rules or "shouldn't"s in art.Where did you learn that there are rules in art or entertainment? Do whatever you like and express yourself in any way that gets it across. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2001, 09:31 PM

I think Ijahru got me all wrong. Music is an expression of inner self and your deepest emotions, but like jeff said, it's also whatever you want it to be, and using plug-ins (i don't need them, i just like that half of a flat note to be in key and that slight waver to straighten out w/ out re-recording the vocal, it saves time) is part of that if you're using this stuff. music is exactly what the artist wants it to be, and if he/she can mess with it more to manipulate it into ways he/she chooses, then who are you to tell that person ther're wrong? you are no one to judge, none of us are. appreciate it, or don't, but don't put it down if it's not yours to do so. it's not yours or anyone elses place. if you think so much that music needs to be raw and unmanipulated, then what are you doing on a digial recording BB? Digital music is already altered from it's pure analog tape state once it's been uttered into the digital realm. it's instantly digitized. that EQ you're using, is digital manipulation, so is that gate and limiter and compressor. there is no fine line between digital manipulation and altering sounds. it's the same thing. if you want raw, so bang on a pot. for real though, i will admit i'm not a perfect singer and i'll admit that i use Auto Tune for my vocals. it's those people who try to say that their voice w/ Auto Tune is really they're voice that concern me. but who are they hurting in the long run? they're only lying to themselves. i don't lie, i'm totally open about it. just get over it man, you're mad about nothing. grow up.