Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 06-24-2022, 10:27 AM

Default Feature Request for Avid Dock push encoders

At the moment the push encoders on the Dock reset the Value back to its standard value.
I believe one should be able to choose what the Push encoders on the Knobs do. And I also believe that it should be possible for those encoders to have up to four push functions.

Example of four possible push functions:
• Push the encoder for 3 seconds results in Reset to standard Value
• Push the encoder for 3 seconds with SHIFT engaged results in invert EQ/Curve or EQ/Band
• Push Encoder results in toggle the encoder Function (like the SEL button on the touchscreen or the Pysical SEL Button on an S1 would do).
• Push the encoder with SHIFT engaged would toggle the input function (like the IN button on the touchscreen or the pysical IN Button on an S1 would do)

These are just my 4 examples of how the push function could be occupied. It would be nice if any Eucon command could be placed on any one of the 4 push encoder button states.

But since the DOCK does not have physical SEL and IN Buttons, like the S1 has, it should also be possible to replicate these buttons with the Push encoders if needed.

Hope what I am asking for makes sense

Best regards Etuonu
Old 07-07-2022, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Feature Request for Avid Dock push encoders

I would absolutely LOVE to have the dock (as well as the S1) push encoders be assignable to toggle between frequency and Q for my EQ plugins. However, I recall Eddie saying that reprogramming the push encoders is in reality a lot more difficult than one would think. So I am not holding out hope that this will happen any time soon.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
I would absolutely LOVE to have the dock (as well as the S1) push encoders be assignable to toggle between frequency and Q for my EQ plugins.
You, me both (and everyone else.)

To this day I have no idea how it ended up not being that as the default. I know it relates to the S6 setup but everywhere it should have been like that. (And the last thing I want is an accidental "reset" of a band to be that easily reachable.)
Old 07-08-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
...the last thing I want is an accidental "reset" of a band to be that easily reachable.
boy, no kidding...how many times has this bitten me?

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6