Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2022, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

This is the error message I get when trying to install EUCON_WorkstationUnifiedInstallMac_2022_4_0_78
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 10.37.20.jpg (34.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 03:48 AM

So now you’ve posted this issue on three different threads which is not helpful to anyone trying to help you.

You’re screen shot does not give a lot of information.

For the record, Eucon has been M1 Native since 2021.6. Not sure what version you’re coming from but if you had at least that, you didn’t need to update for M1 Native support.

Secondly, did you do a complete uninstall of Eucon before trying to install?

Thirdly, when installing the software what options are you selecting in the unified installer window.

Fourth, just a curious question. Are you setup as an Administrator on the computer you’re trying to install on an what OS are you running?

If you’re on 11.1, I believe there were some issues with Eucon running on the OS version.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
So now you’ve posted this issue on three different threads which is not helpful to anyone trying to help you.
Hi. Thanks for your help. I made a separate post because the original post became convoluted, I felt like i had somehow inadvertently annoyed the users who were helping me and I really would like the equipment to work.

I was asked for a screenshot of the error message.

I did, yes

Thirdly, when installing the software what options are you selecting in the unified installer window.
I'm selecting the S1 / S3 / Dock / Control / Artist Series

Fourth, just a curious question. Are you setup as an Administrator on the computer you’re trying to install on an what OS are you running?
I am setup as Administrator and I'm running 11.6.1

If you’re on 11.1, I believe there were some issues with Eucon running on the OS version.
Old 06-15-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
Ok let me try and be as clear as I can. I have been using my avid artist mix on my M1 MacBook Pro running big sur with Logic Pro X 10.7.4 in Rosetta mode for about 18 months. Now that most of the plug-ins i need to use are Silicon Native ready id like to make the most of the M1 chip and run native.. When I allow Logic to run native ie NOT in Rosetta, the Artist Mix doesn’t work. I imagine that’s probably due to eucon needing to also be silicon native, I imagine this requires an update of some sort and I’m finding it extremely difficult to find and install this update.
How did you get the Eucon software in the first place to run for the last 18 months?

Eucontrol is fully M1 native (since 2021.6.) BUT(!) you need to make sure it is running native and not still in Rosetta. Also, you need to be on the latest Logic because the Eucon driver inside Logic comes from Apple and that has to be native too (which it is now on current versions)
Old 06-15-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
Hi. Thanks for your help. I made a separate post because the original post became convoluted, I felt like i had somehow inadvertently annoyed the users who were helping me and I really would like the equipment to work.

I was asked for a screenshot of the error message.

I did, yes

I'm selecting the S1 / S3 / Dock / Control / Artist Series

I am setup as Administrator and I'm running 11.6.1

I wish I could tell you why you're seeing that error message but I'm at a loss. You still haven't told us what Eucon version you were running before this happened. At this point I might suggest a reinstall of the OS since maybe something got corrupt when you first tried to install Eucontrol. Hard to say really.

At the end of the day there's no reason why shouldn't be able to run Eucon w Logic in Native mode. If you do regular backups of your machine and had one from before any of this happened it might be a good time to do a restore.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
How did you get the Eucon software in the first place to run for the last 18 months?

Eucontrol is fully M1 native (since 2021.6.) BUT(!) you need to make sure it is running native and not still in Rosetta. Also, you need to be on the latest Logic because the Eucon driver inside Logic comes from Apple and that has to be native too (which it is now on current versions)
Hi. Thanks for your response. I honestly can’t remember how I got it to work in the first place. I imagine I would have had to download the driver. But I’ve noticed the link for the software in the manual is no longer active.

I am indeed on the latest version of Logic
Old 06-16-2022, 12:58 AM

Quote:
I wish I could tell you why you're seeing that error message but I'm at a loss. You still haven't told us what Eucon version you were running before this happened. At this point I might suggest a reinstall of the OS since maybe something got corrupt when you first tried to install Eucontrol. Hard to say really.

At the end of the day there's no reason why shouldn't be able to run Eucon w Logic in Native mode. If you do regular backups of your machine and had one from before any of this happened it might be a good time to do a restore.
I’m afraid I’m not sure what version I was running before this happened. In order to try and solve this issue, I’ve eradicated every instance of EUCon I can find. I’ve since tried installing almost every version I can find in download centre back to 2014 or something, with uninstall and restarts in between, and none of them work.

You’re right. Possibly a backup restore is the only option here…

If only we could spend our time actually making money with the equipment we’ve spent money on, ey chaps?

Thanks for your help, guys.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:06 AM

OK,
Have you gone to MyAvid.com and logged on?
On My avid.com Have you gone to "View My Products"?
There, click "AVID Control and EuControl"
Click "View Software Download"
Make sure Mac is selected
Click on "Econ Workstation Unified 2022.4mac" to download it.

Run the installer.
Under Installation Type choose "Uninstall All Applications".
then run it again and this time run it with just the top checkbox checked.

Go to "Apple System Preferences/Security & Privacy".
Click on the "Privacy" tab at the top of the window
Choose "Accessibility" in the right hand menu.
Unlock the lock at the bottom right of the window
Look and see if "EuControl" is in the list on the right and is checked.
If it's not checked, check it
If it's not there hit the plus button and add and check it.

If it still won't run Go to the EuCon App in the Applications folder and choose "get info" and make sure it's not running under Rosetta 2.

Joe
Logic Pro 10.7.9
Eucon 2023.12
2 Artist Mixes
Avid Control on an iPad
Soundflow & Streamdeck XL
UA Apollo|x|16, UA Apollo Twin|x, UA TB Octo Satellite
Old 06-21-2022, 01:42 AM

Quote:

For the record, Eucon has been M1 Native since 2021.6. Not sure what version you’re coming from but if you had at least that, you didn’t need to update for M1 Native support.

Thanks so much for your response, Joe.

i get an error right at the end of installation. Log attached. would be so grateful if you can help explain what it means...

Thanks

alex
Attached Files
File Type: pdf avid eucon installation fail.pdf (52.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2022, 07:14 AM

Is anyone else able to help me on this?

Thanks