Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2023, 10:41 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,641
Default EUCON 2022.12.1 Released

Update: EUCON 22.12.1 released: This fixes a couple of bugs in EuControl 22.12.0 and one old bug that got worse with the faster M1/M2 Macs. It should make connections more reliable both for surfaces and the Control App. https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...leaseNotes.pdf

Avid is pleased to announce the release of EUCON 2022.12. If you are currently on support download it from your Avid Account

See these links for more info:

EUCON-2022-12-Now-Available-Whats-New

Latest EUCON Updates – Avid Control Surfaces

Whats_New_in_S4_S6_v2022.12.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2023, 12:24 PM
Postmh Postmh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Canada
Posts: 24
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Thank you. Copy paste insert, long awaited and happy it’s here! Looks much more efficient like the system5 / Icon workflow then using soft keys. Also takeover is a great touch!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2023, 02:11 PM
uptheoctave uptheoctave is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 719
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Links seem broken to me.
__________________
James Richmond
https://www.jamesrichmond.com

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2023, 02:23 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,641
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Links seem broken to me.
They sure were...thanks. Fixed now
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2023, 05:31 PM
basehead617 basehead617 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: California
Posts: 300
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

I’m not really getting the copy/paste mechanism but i suppose we will see it explained soon - there’s nothing default for that you have to customize a key first?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2023, 05:44 PM
James Steele's Avatar
James Steele James Steele is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 243
Default EUCON 2022.12 Released

For what it's worth, there was a problem when I installed this latest one on my M1 Max Mac Studio on Monterey 12.6.3. Probably because I'm using a Euphonix-branded MC Control and MC Mix. They both of course have the latest Avid firmware updates, but installing EUCON 2022.12 made all my soft keys that I had setup non-functional. The command was still there when I checked, but the keystrokes that were supposed to be sent weren't being sent.



Yes... I did go into Security & Privacy > Accessibility and I gave proper permission to EuControl.app and MC_Client.app. Made no difference. I rolled back via recent APFS snapshot to the state prior to installing 2022.12 and all is well again.



Another hint something was off was that after installing the newer software, the colors were off on my soft buttons. Purple looked blue... colors more muted. Anyway... this caused a problem for me. I'm interested to hear if any other Artist Mix or Control users experiences this. It might be that this only affects Control... since it's the features available in Control that were affected. My Mix unit seemed fine.
__________________
M1 Max Mac Studio, 64GB/2TB, macOS 14.5, DP 11.31, Pro Tools 2024.3.1, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Avid S3, Console 1

Last edited by James Steele; 01-26-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2023, 06:23 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,641
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
I’m not really getting the copy/paste mechanism but i suppose we will see it explained soon - there’s nothing default for that you have to customize a key first?
Are you running PT 22.12?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2023, 06:23 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,641
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
For what it's worth, there was a problem when I installed this latest one on my M1 Max Mac Studio on Monterey 12.6.3. Probably because I'm using a Euphonix-branded MC Control and MC Mix. They both of course have the latest Avid firmware updates, but installing EUCON 2022.12 made all my soft keys that I had setup non-functional. The command was still there when I checked, but the keystrokes that were supposed to be sent weren't being sent.



Yes... I did go into Security & Privacy > Accessibility and I gave proper permission to EuControl.app and MC_Client.app. Made no difference. I rolled back via recent APFS snapshot to the state prior to installing 2022.12 and all is well again.



Another hint something was off was that after installing the newer software, the colors were off on my soft buttons. Purple looked blue... colors more muted. Anyway... this caused a problem for me. I'm interested to hear if any other Artist Mix or Control users experiences this. It might be that this only affects Control... since it's the features available in Control that were affected. My Mix unit seemed fine.
Its not just enough to check if they are in accessibility or not. You have to remove them and reboot and then add them back. Old Artist Series should work just as well as newer Artist Series and has they always have.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-2023, 07:48 PM
James Steele's Avatar
James Steele James Steele is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 243
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its not just enough to check if they are in accessibility or not. You have to remove them and reboot and then add them back. Old Artist Series should work just as well as newer Artist Series and has they always have.
Ahhh... okay... fair enough. All the installer notified me to do was simply make sure that those were enabled. I didn't see any sort of instructions about having to remove them, reboot, then add them back. I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-2023, 08:30 PM
James Steele's Avatar
James Steele James Steele is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 243
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Old Artist Series should work just as well as newer Artist Series and has they always have.
Thanks again for the help, Eddie. I did like you said and I was able to get my soft keys working again, however, I ended up rolling back anyway because, at least on my MC Control, the new Eucon software causes a problem with the colors of the soft keys. It makes them all darker and adds a blue tinge to all the buttons. The colors on the MC Control screen don't reflect the color that I chose in EuControl Settings. I tried "re-selecting" a color, but even if I drag the brightness all the way up, what is on the MC Control screen will not get any brighter and the color remains bluish and dark/muted.

See the attached graphic. I had to use my iPhone camera so excuse the quality.

The top row are the colors as shown in the EuControl Settings on my computer screen...

The middle row is how buttons appear on the MC Control screen with the older Eucon 2022.9 software. Not a great pic, but the colors are bright and pretty close to what I chose in EuControl settings.

The bottom row is how buttons appear on MC Control screen with latest Eucon 2022.12 software. The colors are all muted and tinted bluish. I tried trying to reset the colors and get it to appear as they should in EuControl settings, but I cannot get a bright yellow, or bright red.

(The "Clear Meters" buttons are different colors in the first two rows because I was mid-experiment on that button when I took the pic. Normally it's red. The middle pic was taken AFTER I rolled back to 2022.9.)

Since 2022.9 was working okay for me I rolled back as I just can't get adequate color brightness/differentiation in 2022.12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metercomparison.jpg (56.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by James Steele; 01-26-2023 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EUCON 2022.12.1 Released EddieJones Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App 94 07-19-2023 09:13 AM
EUCON 2022.9 Released EddieJones Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App 18 02-28-2023 08:12 AM
EUCON 2022.9 Released EddieJones Avid S4/S6 4 09-27-2022 08:09 AM
EUCON 2022.4 Released EddieJones Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App 17 05-08-2022 07:26 PM
EUCON 2022.4 Released EddieJones Avid S4/S6 0 04-29-2022 03:32 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com