Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2001, 12:13 AM

Default cant open session -> memory/translating tracks

could not complete the "open session ..." command because: there is not enough memory while translating tracks -> this is the error massage .....and the reason why PT 5.1.1 is not opening a PT 5.0.1 session.
also the session cant find some files but tey are in the right folder...and if i show him the files..it says "unknown type" ...i skip the files....and then the above error message is comming
all other old sessions i can open an work with without any problems.
does anybody have any idea about this error message
thanks gammon
Old 12-18-2001, 12:36 AM

Default Re: cant open session -> memory/translating tracks

We had a similar problem before. Try running Disk Warrior on the drive where the session file is located and then try rebuilding the desktop of the same drive.

Please let me know if this helps.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:52 AM

Default Re: cant open session -> memory/translating tracks

Hi,

I've been through your hell before!!!!! It started happening to me when I upgraded from my blue and white G3400 to my new Quicksilver 733 G4. I was getting the same errors that you are and random "memory is critically low please quit protools and allocate more memory" I would quit and the more memory I added the more it took! I called Digi bout this and they couldn't help and offered no solution....I got the standard "trash all your prefs, digi setup".......etc. After 2 days of troubleshooting I realized what was causing this was OSX sitting on a separate part of my hard drive. As soon as I wiped the drive and did a clean install of 9.2 everything worked fine....No more errors. Good luck! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]