Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 AM

Default How Do I set Up a Mojo to be my FireWire OutPut

I have a few Mojos Kicking around. I was curious If I can use them to replace with our Canopus ADV100

I know that it has to be on its own bus. etc.

So basically I have replaced the Canopus box with it but I am assuming that I need some software or drivers. To get my Mac to reconize it. Anyone got the link handy? Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Side note anyone know if this Mojo will convert on the fly For example if I plug a 25fps Quicktime into it Firewire from my session will it play out 29.97 on my TV?

thanks kindly

kd
Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 AM

Default Re: How Do I set Up a Mojo to be my FireWire OutPut

You have to install the Avid Video Engine, which is included with the Pro Tools installer. Yes, it does need its own firewire bus. As to converting on the fly, it will convert 23.976 to 29.97 on the fly. It won't convert Pal to NTSC.

Digital Media Engineer
Discovery Communications
http://corporate.discovery.com/

Last edited by Audio_Vision; 04-15-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: misread OP
Old 04-15-2010, 08:21 AM

NTSC to PAL won't require a sound speed change, only 24fps -> 25fps, if the 4% speed-up method is used, requires a pitch-shift.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM

Awsome thanks for the input guys.

So just curiuos in my Digidesign folder in applications. I see a folder called "Video Engine"

Does that mean the software is installed or is there somehitng in that folder I need to run. I don't see any applications just some templates.

Perhaps I need to start Pro Tools with the Mojo Hooked up. I didn't actully try that. I just switched the Canapous with the Mojo

thanks guys

kd
Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Started Pro Tools with Mojo hooked up and it loaded up fine. Thanks for all the help guys.

So I can run 23.98 QT video out firwire to 29.97 TV and I dont have to worrie about sync at all? That would be really helpful cuz right now we are converting 23.98 videos to 29.97 with quicktime and are noticing little differences in sync etc.

kd