Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 AM

Default New ilok site/drivers broken?

I just went on the ilok site to download a new license. The new site prompted me to download the new client software and the drivers.

Having done that, accessing the ilok site crashes all my browsers (FireFox 3.5 and Safari).

I am on a G5, 10.4.9

Anyone else with this problem?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:39 AM

Default Re: New ilok site/drivers broken?

I know that while applying the ilok driver update you have to close (quit) all browsers - most likely a security protocol so no one can use a browser to track what the ilok is doing.

Which version of Safari are you using? Does it 'crash' the browsers during the update, or just in general?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:38 AM

iLok.com has been crashing my Firefox 100% of the time for quite a while already. Safari works for me and I'm pretty much on the same setup you are (G5, 10.4.9). if your Safari is up to date and still crashes, it might be worth digging up MS Internet Explorer (yeah, I know...). It's still the most widely supported browser around, for some obscure reason. Camino could be a last-ditch candidate as well, but its inner workings are pretty similar to Safari, so I have doubts on it working.

Also, if you were trying about 12-15 hours ago, the site was undergoing maintenance. It might be worth simply trying the same thing again as that could've caused your problems.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 AM

I tried a couple of hours ago and was still crashing. Tried MS Explorer too to no avail.

PC Firefox was ok (XP SP2).

Will try again tonight - meanwhile back to music.