Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 AM

Default Acces Violation in Digibase Pro

Hi: I'm having the message "Access violation ocurred: searching file system" in the task windows everytime I try to do a search for a sound effect file with the workspace. I have an external drive with all my sound effects libraries, perfectly indexed by Pro Tools (I've tried to reindex it and nothing to do). The browser finds the first 8 or 10 files according with the words used for searching and then stops.

It's a shame because I've tagged my whole library (near 400 Gb of SFX files) and I can't do a decent search!!

Any help?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: Acces Violation in Digibase Pro

Random access violation errors are typically caused by corrupted database files - trashing your databases and master database should fix it (instructions in the General Troubleshooting thread).
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Random access violation errors are typically caused by corrupted database files - trashing your databases and master database should fix it (instructions in the General Troubleshooting thread).
any other suggestions if this doesn't work? i've had similar problems in the past and trashing did not help.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Avid

I'd look at permissions for all the files/folders/drives that it's trying to access - sometimes I've seen this caused by not having proper (or any) permissions access to files.

Corrupted files can also cause problems, as can corrupted OS services preference files.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:00 PM

digitech, thank you for the info. i will look into that
Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 AM

I've rebuilt the whole database (including trashing the files in the Digidesign folder in my system har drive). After updating to cs 7 the error message disappears, but I'm still having problems when searching for files. It works for a moment, but after a short time, when I try to search a file, the workspace acts as if searching and gives me the "search complete" withouth finding any file. Of course, I've tried it using words I'm sure are contanied in the file's name. Everytime I have to rebuild the whole database, and I'm talking about 400 Gb of files.

The workspace is the worst searching and managing files system I've found. Nuendo's mediabay or pool are very very advanced compare to workspace in terms of searching and managing databases.

It's a request I made to Digi developers several years ago, but it seems they are not interested in this matter. They consider more important redesigning the graphic interface to look like a modern sequencer and this way get more and more clients and users than really solve the problems of actual users that depend on Pro Tools for professional work.