Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2004, 10:01 AM

Default OT- EMagic Soundiver OSX Beta

Is anybody trying the beta version of this program with OSX? If so, how is it going?

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: OT- EMagic Soundiver OSX Beta

There's an extremely active Sounddivers users group at: [email protected]

If this is something you're interested in, establish a free yahoogroups account (if you don't already have one), log-in, and peruse the recent archives. I'm sure you'll find out all you need to know.

I used to use Sounddiver, but I'll admit to pretty much doing everything with software plug-ins these days. My racks of synths feel really neglected.

Lee Blaske
Old 12-12-2004, 05:26 PM

what is sounjd diver ?
Old 12-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Administrator

I can't contribute to the original question, but I can answer that one.

SoundDiver is a MIDI patch librarian and editor made by Emagic. If you have a Logic XSKey, you can download the beta:
http://www.emagic.de/support/downloa...rX.php?lang=EN

Other sources and discussion:
http://www.google.com/search?q=sounddiver+beta+download

I have the OS 9 version of SoundDiver, which I got to replace my old version of Galaxy Plus Editors, from Opcode. (I'm sure Lee remembers Galaxy)

I used Galaxy quite a bit, but by the time I got to SoundDiver, I also wasn't tweaking MIDI patches much anymore. And since I don't have a newer version of Logic, I haven't tried the OS X beta.

Haven't tried this one either....MIDI Quest, which I believe is one of the newer kids on the block. Linked from our Utilities and Links to Third Party Software page:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/utility/

MIDI Quest: www.squest.com
Midi Quest, by Sound Quest Inc is a MIDI patch librarian and editor for Mac OS X and Windows XP. Among other features, Midi Quest can export XML patch name files that are "ready for use" with Pro Tools 6.0 and higher on Mac OS X and Pro Tools 6.7 and higher on Windows XP.

Motu also makes one, Unisyn, which has been around for quite awhile. Back in the OS 9 days, it seemed like SoundDiver supported a larger list of editors and librarians than either the Opcode or the MOTU versions, and it was updated more frequently by Emagic than the others.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:38 PM

I wouldn't bother trying the beta. Apart from the bugs - if you read the Yahoo list, Apple has discontinued all of the Emagic MIDI hardware and software, including Sound Diver.