Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 AM

Default Pro Tools SE and M-Audio Producer USB Mic - No Playback Sound

Hello,

I did a search and didn't see my particular problem.

Windows 7 on a new laptop with 8G RAM and i5 processor.
Pro Tools SE and M-Audio Producer microphone Avid Vocal Studio bundle.
Installation went as per the instructions.

I have the M-Audio Producer microphone connected to the laptop via USB and the earphones plugged into the port on the microphone. When I record I can hear myself in the earphones and see the level meters in Pro Tools respond. There's a waveform in the track after recording.

But when I play the track back, there is no sound at all through the earphones. Dead quiet. And, the WAV file that is saved has no audio in it. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I have Sound Forge on the same laptop and everything works fine using that program and the M-Audio mic.

Thanks

EDIT:

I'm not sure what I did, but it's now working. I think I made the following change: Clicked on the 'Turn On/Off Automation' button so it was green.

Last edited by Tom Wood; 02-14-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Never mind, it's working.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE and M-Audio Producer USB Mic - No Playback Sound

Hello,

Have you tried connecting the headphones to the laptop or speakers thru auxilary input?

Hope this helps,
Dcader10