Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM

Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

One thing I will say, in all of this - it has definately bought alot of PC/HD users out of the woodwork. I think it can only help our cause when it comes to talking and sharing information with each other and Digi. It may be of little consequence or comfort to those having problems, but any development of a community can only be a great thing.

Trying to put a bit of a positive spin on it!

Ghengis
Old 10-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
If anyone is interested and willing, we'd like to get a system in here for evaluation - we'll pay shipping both ways and I would expect we would only need a day or two to determine what's going wrong. Please let me know if this appeals to anyone and we can set this up.
We the users are going to send 2 permanent computer systems to Digi HQ. One for HD W7 64 systems, and one for LE W7 64 systems. This has been chatter amongst us for quite some time. I Skyped with a few of the DUC crew and many of us will donate the parts needed. You need to stay current with our computer builds that work and you really need to come up with the times.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
We the users are going to send 2 permanent computer systems to Digi HQ. One for HD W7 64 systems, and one for LE W7 64 systems. This has been chatter amongst us for quite some time. I Skyped with a few of the DUC crew and many of us will donate the parts needed. You need to stay current with our computer builds that work and you really need to come up with the times.

Shane
They need a small advisory council to steer PC hardware choices and then build and test and approve stuff in house every 18 months or major architecture change. I've offered to send a modern system several times now.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Shane
Very well said.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by
Administrator
it's because we're exposing a situation on your system that would have slipped by previously.....
well let it slip !!!!!!!!! with all these golden ears surely someone would have heard these so called phantom clicks and pops in 8.0cs3 that is bringing 8.0.1 to a screeching halt . like i said in an earlier post i have started selling off my pro tools backup rig..just not worth the pain ...clients expect a professional studio when they're paying their hard earned money to be run smoothly. I for one am tired of making excuses for digidesigns F$#%^ps. harrison mixbus, reaper, steinberg cubase these get more attractive everyday and a big plus, you can use vst not an outdated rtas system.If digi wants to be cutting edge then they need to take a look around.... theirs other people doing it and they're doing it better .. i think sometimes people get so high tech and are looking for all this added fluff in a system that they forget that they need a rock solid foundation to build on. Digi used to be the rock that i could count on..............
Old 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Avid

Quote:

Shane
Do these systems exhibit the 6031 errors? If not, it won't help much - we need to see one that does so we can determine what is causing the interrupts.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:52 PM

I would love to help and send my box in guys but i just cant be down here. My cs3 is at least stable so i have to just stay there.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry I've not been able to reply to this sooner - I've been trying to figure out a way to both make it clear that the ultimate fault lies with the computer configuration and not Pro Tools and to offer a way to help solve the issues you're experiencing.

I'm not sure if you've all read the previous posts by Paul V of our engineering team - he described why the changes were made and why someone would now be seeing 6031's. Essentially there were situations previously that may cause audio clicks or pops and we tightened up the code so that, rather than allowing that to happen, Pro Tools would throw a 6031.

The reason you're seeing 6031's now isn't because there's a bug - it's because we're exposing a situation on your system that would have slipped by previously. If you're experiencing 6031's, it's because there is another driver, setting or device causing interrupts.
Thanks for answer. I'm afraid that I didn't write it clear enough, excuse my language. I used 8.0.1 from the day it appeared and it worked smooth. All of sudden this 6031 appeared - I switched off computer in the evening, after working on heavy session, switched it on in the morning next day and had it on one stereo track no plug-ins. It worked and now is not working. Nothing installed, nothing added. I tried almost everything, reduced plug-ins folder to necessary few only, thrashing all prefs, moving PT window out of screen, newest drivers for graphic card and motherboard... I must say that I do not buy your explanations - you are the only company I know that have problems with playing one audio track from disk - sorry, it looks like that, period. I use PT from v4, but now I don't know what to do next - explanations like those from such honorable company looks strange...
Old 10-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
The reason you're seeing 6031's now isn't because there's a bug - it's because we're exposing a situation on your system that would have slipped by previously. If you're experiencing 6031's, it's because there is another driver, setting or device causing interrupts. The key to solving this is to determine which driver/setting or device is the culprit. The same problem is still there (the interrupts are occurring) on other versions of Pro Tools, it's just not throwing the error.

Here's a thread where on customer narrowed it down to a Realtek driver...
Sorry, but if THE SAME computer works perfectly with dozens tracks with Cubase SX3 (ASIO DIGI driver) and I have never heard anything wrong with PT7, PT6, PT5 and PT4 considering those interrupts, I think someone is going wrong direction. Switch off network, what else? USB and firewire, serial and parallel, keyboard and mouse?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
...All of sudden this 6031 appeared - I switched off computer in the evening, after working on heavy session, switched it on in the morning next day and had it on one stereo track no plug-ins. It worked and now is not working. Nothing installed, nothing added...

One thing - I've tried to record piano with minigrand via MIDI (MOTU Fastlane USB), didn't use virtual instruments before, for weeks... Was it MIDI and MiniGrand?