Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 09:48 AM

Default Re: About to sell PCM91 in favuor of Ren Reverb-Reverb One - is this a mistake?

I don't know. I own Reverb One, which is very fine, indeed. But on a recent album project, we just couldn't get good vocal reverbs out of it so we rented a TC System 6000 for a few days and we just cried with joy on every song. That thing became it's own instrument on the record and made itself indispensable.

USE BOTH.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:10 AM

Default Re: About to sell PCM91 in favuor of Ren Reverb-Reverb One - is this a mistake?

I'm in the same boat and have decided to sell my pcm 90 and 80. 1) reverb one is good, maybe not as good as the lexicons but not that far off 2) I find I customoze my reverb 1 settings much more than the outboard stuff-it's just so much easier. 3) as someone else said the value of the lexicon is diving-and will really plummet when they release similar boxes for highes sample rates. 4) If this plugin reverb experiment fails I'll get one of the higher sample rate hardware reverbs when they appear or maybe digi will finally make a way for plugins to use 2 or more chips. Many current plugins have hit the 1 chip wall already and can't support 192 and some not even 96 (waves masters).
Old 04-15-2002, 12:17 AM

Altiverb, by Audio ease will be available in about 6 weeks. It'll be interesting to see the reaction to this product. I don't have MOTU or acess to one, but i've heard nothing but good things about this product.

haze

www.johnhaze.com
www.mp3.com/john_haze
Old 04-15-2002, 06:39 AM

FYI R1 should sound "better" with HD.......
Old 04-15-2002, 02:07 PM

Quote:
hi i saw a akg c12vr on ebay.uk for 1999U$$. http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/plisti...197/page2.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not sure how this applies to the PCM91, but since you brought it up, I've heard that's a scam.