Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Default Renaming Files by TC-Stamp

Hi,

here´s what I´m looking for:

During an ADR-Session the recordist sometimes forgets to rename his recording track to the currect loop-number. Then after recording a few takes he notices his mistake and renames the track.
Most of the time there is no time to correct the error for the already recorded takes so I make a note that the first 4 takes were recorded under the number of the previous loop.

To clean up the mess later I was wondering if there´s a batch-renaming tool that can read the TC from inside a BWAV and rename all the files that have the same TC-IN to the same loop number.

Is there a trick to do this or will I have to keep on doing this manually?

Thanks,

Frank
Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Renaming Files by TC-Stamp

Could you sort the region list by timecode, select your takes there, and do an auto-rename? I'm not in front of PT at the moment but I've done that in the past for a different situation.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 AM

Auto-rename doesn't work for file names. Only region names.

Maybe my task could be a cool feature to add to maggot's sibliminator:
Find files with same timestamp. Ask user for prefix then rename, number and give them a family-id. Can't change unique IDs otherwise the files will never link back to my session.

In the meantime I'm using soundminer. Sort by timestamp and then batchrename in admin-window.

Frank
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 AM
The Cargo Cult

that might be a handy feature for sibliminator.
can't see myself opening that one up for a while tho I'm afraid.

auto-rename in PT can still be useful tho - you just need to batch-rename the regions, then shift-cmd-R rename them while they are still all selected in the regions list. then you just bash the ENTER key a bunch of times to apply the name to the file.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
that might be a handy feature for sibliminator.
can't see myself opening that one up for a while tho I'm afraid.

auto-rename in PT can still be useful tho - you just need to batch-rename the regions, then shift-cmd-R rename them while they are still all selected in the regions list. then you just bash the ENTER key a bunch of times to apply the name to the file.
Thanks Justin,

I´ll try that.

Frank.