Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 PM

Default Mac-to-PC Migration Problems

Hello! I used to have LE v5.1.1 on a G4 a long time ago. Now I'm on 7.1 on a PC running XP and I'm having some trouble. First, I transferred all my old PT files from my G4 to my new PC. I figured out how to open the old session files by changing the extensions to .pts, and I've figured out how to convert the actual audio files (from SDII) to WAV. But when I open the session and it searches for the session's missing audio files it doesn't recognize the new wav files as the missing files. Help!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Mac-to-PC Migration Problems

You'll have to Import the wave files into the session. Just placing them in the audio folder isn't good enough.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-05-2009, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the prompt response, Weed!

I placed the new WAVs in the session folder and imported them. I can drag them to tracks as whole files, but the Relink still can't find the clips of the whole files I imported and place them where they belong in the session. In other words, the session has sequenced clips (i.e. loops) of the whole files in it, so I think what I need to know is how, if possible, to get the session to recognize the new WAVs as the whole files that the clips are derived from...?

If I ultimately can't get these sessions to open properly on a PC, is it too late to retransfer the sessions back to a Mac and open them there? I'm worried that I may have altered or corrupted the files when I transfered them to my PC hard drive...?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Update: I read about how to perform a "Forced Relink", but when I try to drag the new WAV file into the candidates box it won't let me drop it there. I also tried the "Find Links" function in the Relink box, and select only "Find by Name" and "Match Duration"...which I would think would work like a charm because I'm unchecking "Find by File ID" and "Match Format", but no dice...?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 PM

are you actually able to play and listen to the converted WAV files in somethin' other than PTLE?? if not, maybe files were corrupted durin' conversion

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 PM

Hi Mykhal,

Yes, I can play the WAVs in Windows Media Player and in Pro Tools. The problem is I don't want to have to retruncate and resequence everything...this would have to be done for like 50 sessions!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xUeL View Post
Thanks for the prompt response, Weed!

I placed the new WAVs in the session folder and imported them. I can drag them to tracks as whole files, but the Relink still can't find the clips of the whole files I imported and place them where they belong in the session. In other words, the session has sequenced clips (i.e. loops) of the whole files in it, so I think what I need to know is how, if possible, to get the session to recognize the new WAVs as the whole files that the clips are derived from...?

If I ultimately can't get these sessions to open properly on a PC, is it too late to retransfer the sessions back to a Mac and open them there? I'm worried that I may have altered or corrupted the files when I transfered them to my PC hard drive...?
i might be missin' what your bottom line is but if i get your objective it is to open your session with these new converted files in their proper place in the session, right? if so, then i 'think' your easiest way would be to open those PTLE Mac 5.1 sessions on a PTLE Mac 6.x that allows you to create/save it for PC compatibility. you would still have to create a new session with this option checked but i 'think' this would allow you to import all data, pts and audio files, into your new session. then save this new session and take it to your PC 7.1 session. should open like a charm...that's if i understand you correctly

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 05-05-2009, 11:15 PM

Mykhal,

This sounds like a good, easy solution. I just hope I didn't ruin the SDII audio files when I transferred them to my PC hard drive...we'll see. I have a few friends running PT on a Mac so I'll get back to y'all soon and let you know what happened...