Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 06-27-2022, 09:27 AM

Default Click II Plug-In: Won’t Play Both Clicks?

Hi guys,

I’m using the Click II plug-in, where you get 2 clicks. Both are set to cowbell. I usually turn click 1 louder so as to get the accent on the 1. In other session files, this has been working fine.

However, when I try setting this up on a master session file, only click 1 is getting sound. Click 2 is not getting sound. When I tried toggling some settings, the reverse happens for a second, then back again.

I tried switching click sounds but that didn’t solve it. Any idea how t9 get both click 1 and 2 going simultaneously again?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2022, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Click II Plug-In: Won’t Play Both Clicks?

Try Cowbell 1 Acc for click #1 as its much louder, and try pushing the volume sliders for either/both. Its working fine here and I am on the very latest version.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-28-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Try Cowbell 1 Acc for click #1 as its much louder, and try pushing the volume sliders for either/both. Its working fine here and I am on the very latest version.
Thanks I tried but to no avail No matter what sound you set click 2 to, there is no volume from it. I tried volume slider all the way up and down but nothing. Click 1 works fine. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-28-2022, 11:58 AM

The simple mistake that might cause problems like this is to make both clicks on the same note duration and then the monophonic nature of the plugin bites you, if Click I and II are on the same note duration and you pull down the volume all the way on Click I it's silence on that click suppresses the click that Click II would make.

Is the Click II light blinking for the clicks you can't hear?

Besides that try trashing prefs, starting with a new empty session, and posting screenshots of exactly what you are doing (e.g. showing if you are following a tempo track or not, actual click sounds selected, clicks are on what note duration etc.).