Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2022, 07:24 AM

Default Melodyne ARA & Song Start Marker

So in Pro Tools 2022.9 ... Melodyne ARA seemingly cannot cope with the Pro Tools Song Start Marker (red diamond) being anywhere other than the very beginning of the timeline, otherwise the Bars | Beats counter does not match between Pro Tools and the Melodyne Tab. I cannot find any workaround.

I typically like to have my Session Start at 00:58:00.00 (in the Session Setup window), and then put my Song Start Marker/Bar 1 at 01:00:00.00, etc. This is especially when dealing with either TV/Movie cues, or multitrack transfers where there is material/working space before the actual downbeat.

Is this the fault of Avid's implementation of ARA & Melodyne ?
A limitation of ARA ?
A limitation of Melodyne ?
A bug ?
anything I'm missing ?

P.S. and what's the deal with this increasingly gargantuan "Separations" folder in Macintosh HD/Users/name/Library/Caches/com.celemony.Melodyne/Separations etc ? . . . and if I trash it will I lose all of my programmed pitch corrections within every Pro Tools session ?
It's over a GB already and I've only been working on half a lead vocal track on one song. It's larger than the actual audio file.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 10-02-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Melodyne ARA & Song Start Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post

P.S. and what's the deal with this increasingly gargantuan "Separations" folder in Macintosh HD/Users/name/Library/Caches/com.celemony.Melodyne/Separations etc ? . . . and if I trash it will I lose all of my programmed pitch corrections within every Pro Tools session ?
It's over a GB already and I've only been working on half a lead vocal track on one song. It's larger than the actual audio file.
Can't help with the first part of your post. As for the PS, you can test this easily. Move whatever files are in that folder to a temp folder before opening that session. If your edits are gone, close PT and move the files back to where they started. Once you are happy with your Melodyne edits, commit them(at that point, those files should be okay to delete, but do the same test to be sure).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave