Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2002, 04:38 PM

Default Control Surfaces?

Ok, I read that a lot of you people dont like the 002, but the big think I like about it is the control surface.

I know there are some available for the 001 that I already have, so I am hoping people will post what they prefer as a control surface?

If you could, list the name, make, a website for the unit, and what it is you like about that control surface. Please!

Im familiar and have been considering the motor-mix unit, but am curious to see what else is available. Im sure Im not the only person wondering this, so for you seasoned veterans, please share. Im tired of fumbling with my keyboard.

siko
Old 07-19-2002, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Control Surfaces?

i have found the sac 2.2 to work great with a pt le system plus they continue to improve it's functionality with different programs and if you happen to switch programs from ptle ot sonar or logic, the sac will work with those as well. i loved mine till i heard about the digi 002
actually i still love it but know that the 002's intergration with pro tools will be a bit more in depth
Old 07-19-2002, 06:56 AM

I really like my Tascam US-428...it only cost $500.00 bucks, it works great w/ pro tools LE, AND it controls Cubase and Reason, as well as providing midi/audio I/O for those programs, and I can route my system sounds thru it. For me, it was a perfect solution, but I DO dig the digi002, and I would consider buying it if I was in the market for it.

Check out the Tascam US-428 http://www.tascam.com/products/us428/index.php
Old 07-19-2002, 07:29 AM

hey mighty i agree with you there i had a tascam 428 and loved what i got for the money, my only problem was trying to mix and switching banks when i would switch back i would have to readjust those darn faders. i can tell you that the automated fades were worth every penny it really took me to the next level if you ever get the chance try it or the 002 out i think you will love it espicially if you liked what you got with the us428 as i did