Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 PM

Default help - no sound when playing back audio track!

I just got PT LE 7 and have things set up - I've recorded an audio track (i can see all the sound waves and the levels are good), but I can't hear anything when I play back. I've selected the track, made sure that my mix is turned to playback and I have my headphones plugged into my mbox and the volume is on. Someone told me that I need to check my CPU to make sure that my audio is being fed through my mbox, but I'm new to all of this and I don't know how to check it on a mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I've been searching high and low... Any good books you'd recommend for a complete beginner? THANK YOU!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Re: help - no sound when playing back audio track!

Hi New,
To check to see if your audio is set to output thru the mBox, open System Preferences, click on the sound preference pane and make sure that Digidesign MBox is highlighted - that's it. If that doesn't solve it, in Pro Tools, go to Setup-Hardware-Clock. Whichever source is selected (Internal or S/PDIF), try the other one. At least, that's what works for me when the audio suddenly cuts out with no "Interrupt" error message. Hope this helps.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:57 AM

Hi Arneal,

Thanks for your reply - I changed the audio output to the mbox and also changed between the clock sources and still no sound. Any other advice? Thanks for giving me the instructions for the CPU output, common sense really - what a blonde moment! Thanks again.

New
Old 07-29-2006, 01:33 PM

Hey New,
Sorry that wasn't the ticket. I think I need to get my unit to an auth. tech, because what's happpening in my case shouldn't be happening - the sudden loss of audio without an error message during playback. For me switching the clock restores it temporarily.
Those were my only suggestions based on my limited (very!) knowledge. I hope you get some other responses,
Armond