Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2022, 11:27 PM

Default Re: ProTools HD Omni and Rupert Shelford Channel not getting enough gain

But this is triggering a memory for me about Omnis... but maybe TVPostSounds old posts. I don't have one in front of me and have not used one in a while. This needs to be carefully measured like TVPostSound is suggesting. Measure that sine wave with a quality RMS multimeter, measuring across the differential pair (not to signal ground).

Was this suspected to be a range of bad serial numbers Omni units?

Would help a lot to be absolutely clear what cables and inputs are being used. It's so easy to brain fark and say stick a TRS cable into the front panel DI input (I hate that's not a switchable TRS line input).... or find out you have a bad cable, maybe intermittently bad.