Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Migration Problems?

Hello,
I'm trying to get 7.2 going on a used G5 2.5 GB machine; HD#3 Accel. I've followed troubleshooting and set up instructions rigorously (so I think). 7.2 works well with some songs that I've dragged to the new audio drive from a firewire backup drive. These sessions were originally placed on the firewire drive as "SSCI" copies. Of 10 folders that I dragged to the new audio drive, seven work well in 7.2. Three of the sessions won't open. They open until inserts start loading. Then, PT "Deactivates Plugins" and "Reactivates Plugins"...and PT crashes.

I tried SSCI directly to the G5 audio drive by ethernet cable directly connecting the 2 machines. The older machine is a G4 DP 1.25 w/PT 6.9.3. I'm not sure that migration is the problem. At first, I thought network sharing the files was corrupting the sessions, but the same problem exists getting files directly from the firewire backup drive and the G4 audio drive. It may be a plugin issue, but all plugs are updated.

Does anyone have something to try before reinstalling PT 7.2? It's a little strange because all seems well except certain sessions.

As always, I appreciate everyone whos helped me out here.
Thanks,
Chas