Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 AM

Default Re: CPTK gone in PT11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
In fact, I've just checked my CPT1 licence via ilok.com, and it just says 'Complete Production Toolkit' ... the '1' isn't mentioned. Any CPT2 owners care to check their licence and report back as to whether its has the '2' in the licence name?

Hopefully that confirmation will resolve this question (unless it turns out that CPT2 licences actually report themselves as such, differentiating them from CPT1 licences)!
I upgraded from DVTK to CPTK2. I checked my ilok account and it just says Complete Production Toolkit without "2" so my guess is 1 and 2 are indistinguishable ilok-wise. Hm, let's see...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Also, not quite true about none of these 'LE' plugins having been updated to AAX.

The Bomb Factory ones ... BF-2A, BF-3A, BF-76, Fairchild660, Fairchild670 and Purple Audio MC77

and

The Moogerfooger ones ... Analog Delay, Low Pass Filter, Phaser and Ring Modulator

a few others ... Joe Meek Meequalizer and Compressor, Pultec bundle (I missed out on that licence, too late to the party), Tel-Ray Delay, Voce Chorus/Vibrato and Spin

... have been released as aax and work with the original MPT/CPT licences.

If you go to the plugin compatibility grid here
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...kbase&filter=0

or this page
http://www.avid.com/plugins
and filter for aax plugins

you can find each one (or bundle) of your plugins and click for a download link.

There are a few to watch out for, notably Smack and Eleven aax versions do not work with LE licences that came with MPT and CPT1, they are aax versions for people with TDM licences for these plugins.

In fact other than Smack LE and Eleven LE, for which no aax version has come yet, the main missing item is TL Space Native Reverb. Curiously, when I just tried to check on them, the pages for both Native and TDM have been moved ... when you click on the links in the compatibility grid you get a 404 page error, both for the Native and the TDM version. You can still get to it via the plugins page, just deselect aax as format type so you see all plugins then you can scroll to it under Avid, just called 'Space'. But when you click on the more info link the page you go to still says TL Space.

The other plugin not yet ported is Cosmonaut Voice (anyone using that on a regular basis?). There may be a few others, from early bundles before my time.

Like I say check the grid, find yours, download and install them. Any you get wrong, like Smack, throw up the usual can't find a licnce dialog when Pro Tools launches, and you can move them to the unused plugins folder so you don't get the message again. Then delete them.

But the ones I mention above are tried, testing and working as aax versions here using the licences I got with MPT.

Good news I guess for some people who may have missed these releases ...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM

The lack of any warning is to me a sign of a non-professional product and support strategy.

I would be fine if they announce in parallel to the PT11 release that CPTK2 would stay for one or two years until PT12 is released and that it'll than be EoL. That way everybody could develop his very own DAW road map (update pricing, eventual HW crossgrade to HD and so on).
Old 04-08-2013, 12:00 PM

^^^You are right that a lot of them have been upgraded...but so far Smack Le, Eleven Le, and TL Space Native have not.....Also the Hybrid Synth plug in which obviously will now have to come from AIR...some of these were included with other toolkits.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 PM

lumcas, can you confirm ....

Did you get any of the music fx plugins in dvt (moogerfooger, bomb factory, joe meek etc) ... or did you get them in cpt2?

As far as I know, you only got those music related plugin licences with MPT and CPT1
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Default Re: PT 10 + CPTK to PT11 HD = $999. Is this correct?

+1
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Did you get any of the music fx plugins in dvt (moogerfooger, bomb factory, joe meek etc) ... or did you get them in cpt2?

As far as I know, you only got those music related plugin licences with MPT and CPT1
If I remember right I think most of the music related ones originally came with the MPTK.....to many dumb toolkits over the years
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:

I would love to but it's hard to say. As I recall I've got music fx plugins with my 003 Factory (moogerfooger, bomb factory, joe meek - it was basically 003 bundled with MPTK 1). The only extras that came with CPTK2 purchase were Neyrink Soundcode Stereo and X-Form (judging from the dates of ilok licences).
Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Default Re: PT 10 + CPTK to PT11 HD = $999. Is this correct?

For me, that would be about $3300 in a span of a year... Just for upgrades!

PT9 to PT10 upgrade + CPTK2 + PT11HD upgrade

But know I can't go back to vanilla. I use many of the features of CPTK, specially the video ones and would benefit greatly from the new PT11 features (specially offline bouncing). This is VERY steep upgrade price and sounds like they don't really care about their CPKT customers. I really hope the folks of AVID re-think this. Oh well... (rant over)

Cheers

MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 - Pro Tools Ultimate + HD Native + HD OMNI
MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz i7 16GB Ram (Retina, 15-inch, 2016) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Apollo Twin
iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7 32GB Ram (Late 2012) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Mbox Pro (3rd gen)
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM

Ah yes, some of those plugins were not MPT but included in the Producer Factory Pro bundle that came as part of the 003 Factory bundle (that's how I got my 003).

Some, like TL Space, were definitely MPT though.