Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 07-23-2021, 01:41 PM

Default I/O with Apollo 8: no signal in PT, Logic working

Hello, first post here. I tried looking through this forum to see if anyone asked about this; didn't find anything. Hope I'm not asking redundant questions. Longtime PT user here and familiar with standard troubleshooting stuff.

I'm using an Apollo 8. Everything works as it should when using Logic. When using PT 12, I see no input signal into the DAW at all, though Console continues to work fine. I've reset the I/O multiple times (clearing out the PT I/O and resetting to default, to import the settings from Console); trashed preferences; tried the reported bug fix of switching the Console "Insert Effects" back and forth between "monitor" and "record".

Within Console, I'm using the "32 inputs (PT Mode)" but I've tried other presets as well. I've also tried manually setting the I/O in Console, and importing that into PT. No matter what, still no input from console into PT. Can't record audio. Instrument tracks work fine. All other PT functions are working.

This began quite suddenly, didn't used to be an issue. I hadn't used PT in a few months after doing a few projects in Logic. When I went back to it, this issue came up and has persisted since.

Any input is very much appreciated!