Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-06-2022, 11:50 AM

Default Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Softw

Avid Knowledge Base contains:
Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?

With "Related Article" Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?
Which takes you to the same page?!

Question still not answered.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my S

Are you referring to avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/bonus-plug-in-expiration-date? Strange that it's related to itself (insert Jeff Foxworthy joke here) but it does state:

"licenses get refreshed closer to the end of the original term with a renewed plan, so it is normal for bonus licenses to show the next anniversary date when a Software Updates + Support Plan might have an expiration more than a year out."

Are your bonus licenses out of sync with your plan?
Old 09-06-2022, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my S

[edit: delete comments Jeffro is on the case]

The self referring "Related Articles" is something that annoyingly seems to appears on all? many? KB article pages. May be a feature of Salesforce Knowledge that can't be changed, it may be something that needs configuring correctly.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Are you referring to avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/bonus-plug-in-expiration-date? Strange that it's related to itself (insert Jeff Foxworthy joke here) but it does state:

"licenses get refreshed closer to the end of the original term with a renewed plan, so it is normal for bonus licenses to show the next anniversary date when a Software Updates + Support Plan might have an expiration more than a year out."

Are your bonus licenses out of sync with your plan?
Yes, there is that tidbit of information within that entry, but the actual question "Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?" is what I wanted an answer to ...

My situation is that I'm on auto-renewal. Pro Tools auto-renewed 08-05-2022 and has a NEW renewal date of 08-05-2023 - but all bonus Avid stuff on my iLok expired 08-05-2022 and no amount of refreshing gets me a newer date, hence; Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The self referring "Related Articles" is something that annoyingly seems to appears on all? many? KB article pages.
I agree. Been like that for years. I see it as a sign of how little effort is being put into maintaining the site.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
Yes, there is that tidbit of information within that entry, but the actual question "Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?" is what I wanted an answer to ...

My situation is that I'm on auto-renewal. Pro Tools auto-renewed 08-05-2022 and has a NEW renewal date of 08-05-2023 - but all bonus Avid stuff on my iLok expired 08-05-2022 and no amount of refreshing gets me a newer date, hence; Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?

Thanks.
Contact support. Sometimes they have to manually refresh your licenses from their end.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:51 PM

Found your account & product and that KB article isn't actually related here. All the licenses for your product were not in sync - including the PT bundle's Release Limit date. We should look into why this happened, but I synchronized your licenses to get you up and running now so you don't have to wait for that. I started a case for you.

Also escalated the issue of KB articles linking to themselves.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Found your account & product and that KB article isn't actually related here. All the licenses for your product were not in sync - including the PT bundle's Release Limit date. We should look into why this happened, but I synchronized your licenses to get you up and running now so you don't have to wait for that. I started a case for you.

Also escalated the issue of KB articles linking to themselves.
Holy crap - elves were at work while I slept ...

Thank you ever so much!

Saw the email after this morning's session and sure enough, all I had to do was refresh my iLok and all is GREEN.

I am confused why that KB article isn't related as it was my specific question/issue. My license auto-renewed but the bonuses didn't.

I was thinking that it was something limited; that was a Subscription incentive only good for a year being that I am a Perpetual but didn't see anything regarding that either.

Licensing just gets so confusing sometimes. Can't WAIT for ARA!

Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
...I am confused why that KB article isn't related as it was my specific question/issue. My license auto-renewed but the bonuses didn't...
That KB article is speaking only to the bonus plug-in licenses which get updated just before the plan's anniversary date - the PT license itself gets updated at renewal (otherwise it couldn't run newer versions of the software). In your case, none of your licenses (including your PT license) were updated when you renewed your plan - the Release Limit date on your PT license was still 2022 when it should have updated to 2023. So there was a disconnect between your product and all of its licenses.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
That KB article is speaking only to the bonus plug-in licenses which get updated just before the plan's anniversary date - the PT license itself gets updated at renewal (otherwise it couldn't run newer versions of the software). In your case, none of your licenses (including your PT license) were updated when you renewed your plan - the Release Limit date on your PT license was still 2022 when it should have updated to 2023. So there was a disconnect between your product and all of its licenses.
If you say so, but that isn't clear to me ...

If you step into my shoes, I just renewed my Software Updates & Support Plan which changed the expiration date in my Avid account ... None of the bonus plugins dates were updated and expired on my iLok. So I went to the KB and asked "Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my Software Updates + Support Plan?"

To my gleeful surprise, that was the EXACT question I was asking, although an answer was not to be had. So, I went to the DUC.

You solved it, but I'm still confused. I'm fine with that.

Last edited by WombatStudio.Org; 09-07-2022 at 06:46 PM. Reason: No expiration date on the iLok Perpetual License