Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2022, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Sessions open without the EDIT window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Oops I did not explain that right.

As an example: Trash prefs, or close both windows and close session, then create a new session or open an existing session.

Old behavior was to give you an edit window, new behavior is you get no windows.
Ah yes now I understand and yes If I close the session with both windows closed (And I select save) then yes it opens in the state it was saved in (both windows closed) which actually makes sense to me given I want the session to open the way it was last saved..

And yes opening a new session after closing a previous one saved with windows closed also gives no windows, which makes less sense (other than it seems to be using the previous sessions saved state as the new default launch format)

In either case simply clicking -- (command =) -- opens the edit window

But the real question to me,, is why would someone close both windows before closing and saving the session in the first place ? And would be my guess as to why it has not come up before .... And is why I never tried it before in any version...

Now the trashing preferences (still have not done) is a different matter, and certainly seems like it should open with at least one widow open--- when you do that does clicking (command =)also bring up the edit window ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 09-07-2022, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Sessions open without the EDIT window

Yep now you see it. I'll edit my bad explanation. Honestly I had just noticed something when I was creating sessions after trashing prefs (hey new PT Prefs tool to play with) and just thought something was different. It's only it getting raised in this thread here that it was bugging my anal-retentiveness to go look and see more. By no means is this worth over worrying about, Avid developers have much more important stuff to work on (and great there is efforts to put attention core improvements in recent Pro Tools releases) if it was an unintended simple change maybe Avid want to put it back as it was.