Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2008, 06:20 PM

Default The fresh smell of Pro Tools 8.0 in the air...

Ahhhh I can just smell it. Pro Tools 7.5 LE is on the horizon. Digidesign just launched a new rebuilt website which may hint at a new powerful product (7.5) that will soon grace those pages.

On a side note...All you Massey Plugin lovers....The De-esser is on the way

http://www.protoolerblog.com/2008/07...r-coming-soon/

Old 07-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Re: The fresh smell of Pro Tools 7.5 in the air...

Our prognosticator returns...

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-10-2008, 09:57 PM

I hope they fix the crazy driving me crazy redraw waveform by then.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:29 AM

I would love to see automatic plugin latency compensation! Wow would that be huge or what!!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:48 AM

I'd love to see them add features we ask for.

Elastic audio is amazing, but I don't think there were a bunch of users saying "Hey Digi can you rip off that cool thing Ableton Live does?"

Increased track count, PDC, unlimited I/O options is what I'd like to see.
Bring standard PT LE/MP up to 50 tracks, and MPT up to 96, why not?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I'd love to see them add features we ask for.

Elastic audio is amazing, but I don't think there were a bunch of users saying "Hey Digi can you rip off that cool thing Ableton Live does?"

Increased track count, PDC, unlimited I/O options is what I'd like to see.
Bring standard PT LE/MP up to 50 tracks, and MPT up to 96, why not?
For the track count increases: 48 tracks for LE/MP and 64 for MPT would be more realistic in terms of Digidesign continuing to take progressive baby steps. They'd win over the hearts and minds of millions of DAW users if LE finally gets Delay Compensation.

Having 7.5's main feature be something like an introduction to Elastic Time which would complement the existing Elastic Audio would just be another 'ho-hum Digidesign still isn't listening ' upgrade.

We can only hope Digidesign makes some major moves with 7.5 and makes the majority of its user base happy Like the 003 family announcement that's not what we want again

Old 07-11-2008, 01:12 PM

i would just appreciate more busses!!! 32!!! i can hardly do a big mix session with that, especially when summing groups like all gtrs to an aux, drums to an aux, etc. plus fx, it is pretty limiting! make do with lots of automation and creative troubleshooting.

more tracks, of course, adc of course. the screen draw errors and then having to "recalculate waveform overviews" does get old. have it all the time when tracking at 64hw buffer setting. improvements to ea workflow would be nice. more than 18 simultanous inputs would be nice, possibility of offline rendering would be nice. maybe even a way to program our own macrow or quickeys for some functions or windows we cant get to quickly with the option of saving and transporting the file to different systems would be cool, 64 bit capability just for the sake of lifting our ram limitations, i can think of lots of things that would be great, but i am sure very few (if any) of these are in the works, probably some more ea stuff and a few extras that most of us might not find much interest in. but then again who knows??

oh yea MORE BUSSES!!!!!

of course there has been hundreds of posts like this, and for some reason people keep speculating about stuff they have no idea about, and for some reason people keep responding to these posts?

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM

As long as it's stable, I don't care. I'm scared to upgrade to 7.4, I've heard too many horror stories. I don't want to be scared. Give me something that won't crap out when I've got clients in the studio. And, no, that new "error supression mode" does NOT count. I mean, honestly, what the heck was that?

Post volume automation trim (like HD has) would be nice so I don't have to stick a volume plugin on the last insert of every track I have automation on. Or give us more than 5 inserts. I've come close to running out of busses before, but never have; I could see how some mixers might need more.

PDC and track count don't matter to me and there will be plenty of others who will continue to scream about it, so I'll pass on those for now.

And, yes, Massey FTW! I have all of Eiosis' other plugins, but I've been holding out for Massey's de-esser. She'll be here soon!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Got 48 tracks, got 18 in, don't have a problem w/latency, I would be pissed if these were included in some new upgrade! Since I do a lot of multi tracking I'd like to see meters that could be sized to fill the entire monitor! Yep, that would make me happy
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
As long as it's stable, I don't care. I'm scared to upgrade to 7.4, I've heard too many horror stories. I don't want to be scared. Give me something that won't crap out when I've got clients in the studio. And, no, that new "error supression mode" does NOT count. I mean, honestly, what the heck was that?

Post volume automation trim (like HD has) would be nice so I don't have to stick a volume plugin on the last insert of every track I have automation on. Or give us more than 5 inserts. I've come close to running out of busses before, but never have; I could see how some mixers might need more.

PDC and track count don't matter to me and there will be plenty of others who will continue to scream about it, so I'll pass on those for now.

And, yes, Massey FTW! I have all of Eiosis' other plugins, but I've been holding out for Massey's de-esser. She'll be here soon!
hey alex, i am running 7.4 cs4 and it has been running great once i got a computer powerful enough to handle it. built a intel q6600, gigabyte mb,etc. has been running great actually. all the intitial probs i had w 7.4 was with my quad opteron on BIG mixes, but this machine is doing great. plus once you get used to elastic audio you dont want to go back i am maxing out my sessions, 48 trks, all 32 busses, bfd 2 w andy johns, tons of plugs, automation, just keeps chugging along!! plus i am doing a lot of tracking with bfd 2 going, LOTS of plugs and automation going and doing some o dubs and punch ins on 64 hw buffer. the only prob here is the screen redraw issue, but still tracks fine.

the post automation trim would kick a**. i think we all have our way of dealing with this and sometimes it is not pretty

i agree more inserts would be nice, keeps me in check though sometimes on my vocal aux

did the eiosis' de esser come out yet?? i heard it was supposed to be amazing!! will be checking out massey's for sure, i love those plugs, the limiter is priceless!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10