Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2017, 06:53 AM

Default PT 11.3 HDX Asio Driver and 3rd Party Software

Hi everyone, I am looking for help on the following situation. Bear with me as I explain. I use my studio both for recording, mixing and mastering. My rig is new mac pro 64 ram, PT HDX 11.3, Symphony IO 32x32, Symphony IO 16digx16 analogue and then avid digital 16x16 so in total 64x64 IO. I am currently using PT for all audio and wave lab for mastering on mac os 10.10.5 (yosemite). The HDX avid driver allows me to work with 3rd party software very well at all sample rates which is great.
Now I want to upgrade my mastering platform to sequoia. That runs only on windows. So I made a windows partition on the mac pro with windows 8.1
My expansion chassis that holds the hdx card, as well as the symphonies and avid converter are all recognized by the PT windows software and asio driver. If i run PT on the windows partition, everything works totally ok and smoothly. But here comes the problem now.
If I want to run 3rd party software on the windows partition using the avid hdx card as a sound card, it seems that I can only work at 44.1 sample rates. Does anyone know if that is the case? or do I have to change a setting somewhere? If seems rather strange that all works on the mac side but not so on the windows side. I need to be able to run sequoia at sample rates up to 192K. Further if this can not work I might have to rethink my upgrade and try a different route as I do not want to be stuck in a situation where I have to set the converters to native and change hookups each time i have to master an album. It would not work given the busy environment I am in. I hope I explained the situation enough and thanks for any input or help!
Old 08-25-2017, 09:07 AM

Default Re: PT 11.3 HDX Asio Driver and 3rd Party Software

Try making your onboard soundcard the default for Windows sounds/audio and leave the HDX cards as the interface for Pro Tools only.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 AM

I had a look and the default is set to the regular headphone ouput. When I try RX 6 advanced for instance and choose the ASIO Avid driver, then click on configure Avid Asio Driver, then click advanced, I am getting to the Hardware Setup Window of the HDX driver that I am quite familiar with. When I try to change the Sample Rate of the master clock all sample rates except 441K are greyed out and can't be selected. attached is a screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVID ASIO 3rd party.jpg (67.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:51 AM

It's not the Avid ASIO driver I'm referring to. It's Windows' Control Panel>Sound you need to go to and make sure your onboard soundcard is the default for Windows sounds/audio, on all the tabs, disabling or deleting any and all other options, thereby leaving your Pro Tools interface for Pro Tools only.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction