Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Default Clearing unused sides of stereo files

As most of us know, Cubase and Logic users frequently export files for us PT users to load as stereo files which are actually mono (same audio left and right). I had a recent session with over 130 stereo files, about 6GB when imported. About 80% of these were effectively mono. So I went through and split those tracks to mono, deleting the original stereo track and one of the created mono ones. However, clearing unused files doesn't rid me of the unused side. Having stripped silence and compacting using the default 1000ms setting, I'm still left with over 5GB for a three minute song. How can I get rid of these unused sides of stereo originals?
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Clearing unused sides of stereo files

In the Region List, press the caret to expand the view to see both left and right sides of the stereo files.. while holding the Option modifier. You'll then be able to select unused and remove the unused side.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Clearing unused sides of stereo files

Hi Rail

Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, doing that only gives an option to Remove, not to Delete, so I've still got the same amount of HD space used. I guess at least that now opens up the possibility to do a Save Copy In... and take the Audio Files to a further new (hopefully smaller) copy. A bit of a nuisance though!
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.