Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-15-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Please help with change to M-Powered

I’m currently a 001 user who is switching to M-Powered. I was on the verge of a 002 Rack purchase- than the M-Audio news hit which was quite a relief. I’ve already purchased my new software and hardware (1814)- and I need to do my change over when I finish my current batch of projects. However- I have a few questions I would love some help with.

1. Do I need to uninstall PT6.4 first? Do I also need to remove my PCI card? When I install my M-Audio drivers- will other software no longer look for my 001?
2. Is there a way I can keep my plug ins without needing to play the challenge code dance again? (Waves Gold Bundle, Antares Auto Tune, PSP Mix Pack)
3. Will I be losing any performance on a firewire interface vs. my current PCI card?
4. I am currently running XP Pro SP1. Do I need to upgrade to Service Pack 2?
5. When will Digi be doing an upgrade to 6.9 for M-Powered?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Please help with change to M-Powered

Anybody??????
Old 05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Please help with change to M-Powered

1. Yes, you will need to uninstall Pro Tools and remove the 001 card from your system.
2. Plug-ins should remain installed and you should not need to re-authorize them.
3. Difficult to say - there are quite a few factors involved. Generally, no, you should not see much performance difference between the two.
4. No, you do not need to update to SP2
5. New version information will be posted to our website when it becomes available. Until then, we can only speak about current product.