Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Waves update plan recommended????

i use the waves mastering software and just got an email from them telling me i only have 14 days left to get their update plan.......does anyone recommend paying an additional fee for this or is this wasted money? chas
Old 03-19-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Waves update plan recommended????

Now that Waves has introduced a new policy that will not allow you to sell you software unless you are current on the WUP, you have to ask yourself if you're happy with the product as is or if you think you might get an update you simply can't live without over the next year. In the worst case, your Waves software will not be compatable with the next release of ProTools LE. Another option to getting a WUP to your current product, you can upgrade your product if that's is available in your Waves account and you would automatically get another year of WUP.

Also be aware, that is you have your Waves software license on an iLok, iLok too charges $100- and the $25- if you sell your software. If you are authorizing through your hard drive, I am not sure if it requires a current WUP to get new codes in case you hard drive has to be replaced. This would be worth asking them. Please let us know what you find out on this.

At the moment, many her eon the DUC are very unhappy about this latest policy change. For the money you'll be spending on a WUP, you could buy some other cool stuff and simply use what you have. I would recommend boycotting Waves until they change their 'resale' policy and let them know why you are not updating. Waves is setting a very bad precedent for consumers all in the name of piracy protection. In this case, it has become a matter of greed. $150- transfer fee was bad enough, but we agreed to that. Being up to date on WUP, this is not something many of us agreed to at the time we purchased our bundles.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:28 AM

AS I understand it, buying their cheapest plugin (even if you already have it) gets you into the WUP for much less than paying the fee they ask for to renew your WUP license.

There is something seriously wrong in the manegement of Waves at the moment!!!!!!! These corporate guys (and perhaps woman) obviously know nothing about Music and musicians...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 AM

Quote:
AS I understand it, buying their cheapest plugin (even if you already have it) gets you into the WUP for much less than paying the fee they ask for to renew your WUP license.

no, this is not true. I thought it was true too, I had the restoration Bundle and the Platinum Bundle (both V4) and rumor was if you bought a new bundle, any bundle, you could have version 5. Well I bought the Musicians Bundle thinking this, and it was not true. The bundle must be a higher version than what you already have.