How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2011, 01:07 AM

Post HD|C24 Pro Tools Studio Bundle

Hi!

I am currently using 003 Factory with PT9 and the Complete Production Toolkit upgrade.

I am thinking of upgrading to HD|C24 Pro Tools Studio Bundle in the next few months. But I have some questions as how such a system would actually be set-up. What is somewhat confusing to me is that the C24 itself has some I/O's. Then you have the HD boxes with more I/O's. I have read that the new HD I/O's are really great whereas the C24 not so. So what would then you use for recording? How would one connect or cross-connect the system?

And furthermore can you use C24 and the HD boxes as ... erm pardon but the actual term has somewhat slipped my mind now ... as auxiliary buses (or something) - the point is if you want to connect say a Chandler compressor, a Massenburg EQ, etc. (so other hardware components) - how would you "link" these in?

Sorry if this post is somewhat confusing; but I hope you will be able to make some sense out of it and reply.

Thanks for the answers. Cheers!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 AM

Default Re: HD|C24 Pro Tools Studio Bundle

By the way: does somebody know if there's a C24 successor planned in the near future? I know there's been some rumours (and only rumours), the NAMM is over and nothing new ... but still it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 AM

Default Re: HD|C24 Pro Tools Studio Bundle

Short answer...

The C|24 has 16 stand alone preamps.

You connect the preamp outputs to the HD I/O inputs. Then, some of the HD I/O outputs connect to the monitoring section inputs on the C|24.

It can get a little more complicated than that, but that covers the basics...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh