Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 AM

Default Axiom Pro channel and ProTools track switching

I am a newbie to ProTools and also starting to work with my new AxiomPro 61 connected through M-Audio C400 (MIDI IN) and USB to my PC.
In this tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JPdO...eature=related
I have learned that it should be possible to use Axiom buttons to switch among instruments (plugin inserts) mapped to different channels, but I am not able to achieve this in ProTools MP9.
I use only Intstrument track trying to set the Input of each track to different AxiomPro channel or C400 channel. I wanted to avoid using mouse to select a particular ProTools track.
I tried to change the Default Thru Instument settings ProTools preferences, where the option First selected MIDI track set the output from the selected Intrument track, butu could not find any option that would help me solve the issue.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Axiom Pro channel and ProTools track switching

Try Axiom Pro and C400 on respective USB Ports. Then configure Axiom Pro is Peripherals as M-Audio Keyboard HyperControl I/O.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 AM

Thanks for help. I have already found out that I need to add Axiom Pro to the Peripherals setting in order to enable HyperControl. Now, I am able to cycle through my tracks using button under faders (with ProTools patch loaded).
I had not set that sooner because in my W7 64-bit I see no option with "Axiom Pro HyperControl". The only option is AxiomPro 61 for the Input and AxiomPro 61 [emulated] for the Output.

Also, after I installed the driver for AxiomPro from the supplied disc, I still have 1 unknown device in the Windows Device Manager. I found some post in a forum that there are no W7 drivers available for HyperControl and that I should install Vista driver in compatibility mode. Another post claimed that I don't need to install anything manually for HyperControl to work in W7.

So now, I am trying to find a way to check if (after setting that Peripheral entry) HyperControl is fully functional or not.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midimax View Post
Also, after I installed the driver for AxiomPro from the supplied disc, I still have 1 unknown device in the Windows Device Manager. I found some post in a forum that there are no W7 drivers available for HyperControl and that I should install Vista driver in compatibility mode. Another post claimed that I don't need to install anything manually for HyperControl to work in W7.
Okay, well those posts are incorrect. Download the latest Driver and Firmware from M-Audio. Install the driver and then with Axiom Pro turned On, plug Axiom Pro USB cable In.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 AM

Again, thanks a lot. Indeed, I had wrong dirvers installed. I feel ashamed that I made such a stupid mistake and did not double-check that.
Now, I can see "AxiomPro Hypercontrol In" "AxiomPro and "Hypercontrol Out" in the Peripherals' setup.