Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 AM

Default having trouble with a T racks AAX plug

I have pro tools 11 on OSX Mavericks. There was a sale on T Racks (IK Multimedia IK T-RackS Single - Vintage Tube / Limiter Model 670 Software ). I was able to download 2 versions CS 4.29 and CS 4.9. The installation went off as normal. I can open the standalone apps, but while in PT, I don't have a menu option to use the plug in on a track.

I went to the user guide, and it said to consult Pro Tools documentation. I also googled my question , and it seems others are having problems with some IK plugs. I was on IK's message board and the problems aren't being solved.

Do I have to manually add this particular plug into the AAX folder in PT? Or have I missed something altogether?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:44 AM

Default Re: having trouble with a T racks AAX plug

Open up the T-Racks Custom Shop and use the "Restore My Gear" feature. It should place all the T-Racks plug-ins you own into the correct folders.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:22 AM

I am completely perplexed.

I opened the store and restored my gear. I opened PT and there still is no T Racks. I have done this three times.

Is there anything else I am missing, because I can't think of it.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:57 AM

Try following the instructions on this page.

It says it's to fix ReWire problems, but it also forces PT to re-scan the plug-in folder.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:56 PM

I trashed the AAX file and restarted PT11. On the warm up screen in ran though or indexed all my plugging including all the T Racks.....even the ones I didn't purchase. I opened a session and can't find any of the t Racks plug ins under the audiosuite tab.

Again this was on the post on the IK support forum and everyone kept saying wait for IK for an answer.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what I bought should be plug in and stand alone. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/virtu...urce=3TEM5KTBK

Last edited by nelsonmay; 02-05-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:14 PM

You're not wrong, the Tube 670 should show up with no problem. Working here: http://i.imgur.com/c3YIVUZ.png
Old 02-05-2016, 09:24 PM

I hear you. I have been doing some research. I have been googling and I am getting a lot of people having trouble with this new set of plugins that have to be authorized constantly online via the custom shop. They are claiming the older standalone versions are working fine. The newer IK products via the custom show are giving a lot of people a headaches.

Are you going though the custom shop or did you buy your plugs before this custom shop stuff. I have had many plugins in the past including older T Racks, but I have never had this problem. The standalone version opens fine, but it is not use if I can't have it on a track.

The downloads from the authorizer were two downloads. They seem to be the same files, T-RackS CS (4-2.9) and T-RackS CS (4.9). I hope I didn't install both by accident. Could there be a conflict here?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmay View Post
I opened a session and can't find any of the t Racks plug ins under the audiosuite tab.

Are you sure the T-racks plugins run audiosuite or are they real-time only? You should check the channel inserts instead.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-05-2016, 10:27 PM

Wow, you are correct. But I see one problem. All of the effects available in the CS store show on the channel inserts menu. I am not tying to sound like a complainer, but I only own two T Racks plugs, can I take all the non-working plugs out of my inserts menu options? It would clean thing up and keep me from trying to add a plug that looks like what I have, but is disabled.

I have logic X, and T Racks CS also threw all the plugs available into the bus menu. It is just a bunch of stuff I have to navigate though.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmay View Post
Wow, you are correct. But I see one problem. All of the effects available in the CS store show on the channel inserts menu. I am not tying to sound like a complainer, but I only own two T Racks plugs, can I take all the non-working plugs out of my inserts menu options? It would clean thing up and keep me from trying to add a plug that looks like what I have, but is disabled.

I have logic X, and T Racks CS also threw all the plugs available into the bus menu. It is just a bunch of stuff I have to navigate though.

After updating, I always trash the plugins I haven't paid for from the AAX, AU and VST plugins folders.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control