Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 PM

Default CoreAudio not recognizing MBox 2

Hello All,
any assistance would be truely appreciated.

I am running protools 7.0 with an Mbox 2; Mac OSX 10.4.8 on a 2.1GHz PPC G5 with 1.5 GB of DDR2 SDRAM. Also, Logic Express 7.1.1, Ableton Live 5.2.2, and Garageband 3.0.4

My issue is this, i just finally upgraded to 7.0 last week and ever since have had a significant amount of noise coming from my Mbox. I believe i have pinned the problem down to CoreAudio. It would appear that CoreAudio is not recognizing my Mbox 2.
When I open the CoreAudio Manager is reads as follows :

Digidesign HW: Unsupported Device
Channels: N/A
Attached Clients: 0
Buffer Size: 512

When I click "connect" i get no response. However, in my Mac OSX Audio preferences it is listed and selected. Also, in my Audio/Midi Setup, the Mbox is available and selected.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: CoreAudio not recognizing MBox 2

Hi

The MBox 2 doesn't actually use the core audio manager. It kind of has it built in, as long as you can select Core Audio as a driver in your sound prefs of your app you're away.

Dan
Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. Problem is, though, I'm running Peak Pro 5 and the input source appears for about 5 seconds on the Peak meters and then disappears. You can't get the source signal back. I've found that if I re-assign the source as "built-in line in" and then switch back to MBox 2 as source in Peak, I agin will see the input source on the meters for about 5 seconds and POOF! they're gone again. My work around at this time is to keep the input source as Built-in line input and connect the input cables directly to my 1.8GiG DP Power Mac with 2.5GB ram. Makes me wonder why I even bought the MBox 2?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM

I just got an M-Box mini which I'm running on a MacBook 2ghz core duo chip with 1 gb RAM with PT 7.1.1. Every couple times that I open a ProTools session I don't get any audio playback at all. If I reboot the sound returns. Any ideas what's going on? I thought it might be connected to the CoreAudio not recognizing my Mbox mini either, but if the above post is right, seems like something else is going on. I've been using a digi 002 for several years so I'm not used to the mysterious ways of the mbox yet.