Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Default Laptops - Which Ones?

Recently I visited a number of pages on the Digi site hoping to read up on compatible laptops prior to purchasing one for the purpose of running M-Audio's version of PT. The information seems poorly organized, but worse than that, it seems quite dated. The recommended laptops are not even sold by the mfg's any more - they can only be found in bargain basement shops in Asia (OK, I'm exaggerating a little).

For the most part, the information seems organized to find out if your hardware is compatible AFTER the fact - AFTER you've purchased your laptop, you can run PC Wizzard (or whatever). That seems pretty lame.

Are there any other listings of Windows laptops more current than this one?: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24353
Old 01-03-2008, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Laptops - Which Ones?

Quote:
Recently I visited a number of pages on the Digi site hoping to read up on compatible laptops prior to purchasing one for the purpose of running M-Audio's version of PT. The information seems poorly organized, but worse than that, it seems quite dated. The recommended laptops are not even sold by the mfg's any more - they can only be found in bargain basement shops in Asia (OK, I'm exaggerating a little).

For the most part, the information seems organized to find out if your hardware is compatible AFTER the fact - AFTER you've purchased your laptop, you can run PC Wizzard (or whatever). That seems pretty lame.

Are there any other listings of Windows laptops more current than this one?: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24353
This is a great question. I've been checking out laptops lately, and I too noticed how dated the info was.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Laptops - Which Ones?

dude...digi is too busy limiting functions in LE to update the website...duh.

DELL

buy the strongest CORE 2 dell mobile workstation you can afford...i have friends/clients with pro tools rigs that i've assisted in purchasing new dells and they have ABANDONED their desktop/tower computers.

detroitkruk