Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-06-2016, 12:09 AM

Default Playback bug

I meet with a bug of the playback in Pro Tools 12.6 today.
When I performed recording (not bounce to Disk ...) of mix in a stereo truck and playbacked, it became monaural.
As well as ears, it is monaural even if I see it in analyzers.
Therefore it is monaural again if I record the music for a little less than three minutes and regenerate it definitely when I record Pro Tools for reboot once again for 10 several seconds and reproduce immediately as it was a stereo!
However, it was played with a stereo properly when I just stored a session and opened again.
In other words, the recorded audio file is recorded with a stereo definitely, but it means that only playback becomes strange.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Playback bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundista View Post
I meet with a bug of the playback in Pro Tools 12.6 today.
When I performed recording (not bounce to Disk ...) of mix in a stereo truck and playbacked, it became monaural.
As well as ears, it is monaural even if I see it in analyzers.
Therefore it is monaural again if I record the music for a little less than three minutes and regenerate it definitely when I record Pro Tools for reboot once again for 10 several seconds and reproduce immediately as it was a stereo!
However, it was played with a stereo properly when I just stored a session and opened again.
In other words, the recorded audio file is recorded with a stereo definitely, but it means that only playback becomes strange.
I have seen this myself a time or two recently. Strange indeed. If you come up with reproducible steps to repeat it, report them here please. I have not.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Playback bug

Ezdrummer became mono here and the aux track's pan stops working, but I restarted Pro Tools and the problem is gone. Pro Tools and its features...
Unfortunately I'm just cloning my Pro Tools sessions to Studio One and I'll say goodbye AVID.
PreSonus listened to me and fix (after 15 days I reported it) a little bug I found using Ezdrummer.
They never told me things like unsupported hardware or operating system or third party plug-ins.

Marcos
www.soundcloud.com/lonehunterband