Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-10-2010, 10:27 AM

Default Standalone Core Audio Manager?

Hi, just wondering if Avid has updated the standalone core audio driver / manager along with the PT 9 release? I'd be excited to work on some standalone Reason today!!

Thanks in advance for any information (or even a straight up NO UPDATE YET would be appreciated, Avid Admin or community elders)!!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Standalone Core Audio Manager?

I'd be delighted to see a fixed CA-manager/driver that doesn't lose connection to the hardware every now and then!
I bought a 003R a while ago, and like many others, I do get this problem frequently.
So basically I can't recommend Digi to anybody at all, since the system isn't stable.
Had I known that PT9 will come out, I would have kept my money for another audio interface. There are other good ones out there...

A system this expensive should work right out of the box, no trashing of prefs, no rebooting, no switching on and off etc.

Ah well, it's widely known, so let me end my rant right here.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 AM

Has AVID updated the standalone driver along with the release of PT9? Since I don't use Pro Tools, but I do use the Digidesign interface, I'd like to update to a new driver that allows me to use standalone Logic 9 and Reason. Any word on when I can do this? (Well, Logic works fine with the old driver, but I can't get Reason to work on its own!)
Old 11-23-2010, 07:10 AM

Any updates on the standalone core audio manager/driver?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Avid

All the driver installers for Pro Tools 9 work as 'stand alone':

http://www.avid.com/drivers
Old 11-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. Will the updated driver allow my 002r communicate properly with "standalone" Reason and Logic 9?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnmk View Post
Thanks for the reply. Will the updated driver allow my 002r communicate properly with "standalone" Reason and Logic 9?
Yes.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnmk View Post
More specifically, is the new core audio driver proven to be more reliable than the one included with PT8? Will those who are experiencing problems using 3rd party software with avid hardware find improvements with PT9 and associated core audio drivers?

thanks,
Adam
Old 12-11-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
All the driver installers for Pro Tools 9 work as 'stand alone':
So in order to resolve this problem, I have to upgrade to PT9?
No way, Digi!!! I've spent good moey in 003R ad PT8 which doesn't work properly. I'd expect Digi to find a solution other than tell us to upgrade to PT9...
Had I kown PT9 is on the way, I would have bout a different interface! I have PT for compatibility reasons, using Logic most of the time.

What I want is a proper CA driver for PT8!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 AM

Hello Digi,
I would greatly appreciate an answer to my question: Do you really want me to upgrade to PT9 just to get a working CA driver?
That can't be your intention really.
PTLE8 doesn't work stable as it should, so please do give us a proper CA- Manager that doesn't require us to spend yet more money on a software, that we shouldn't need. I've bought a 003 together with PTLE8, so I expect it to work! Whats the point in spending lots of money for PT, if it works much worse than everything else?
One would assume that a dedicated hardware unit, that's built by the same people, who made the software, should work flawlessly, better than anything else.

I don't NEED ProTools, I bought it, because previously I had good experience with it, as well as for compatibility reasons.

If you really insist on me buying an upgrade, I will sell my PT rig instead and get something else! There are other good audio interfaces out there too, and Logic is quite a nice piece of software!

Another PT user gone...
At this point I simply cannot recommend Digi/Avid to anyone. If I get asked, what I'd suggest he'd get, I tell them to stay clear of Avid/Digi