Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 PM

Default Pro Tools 9.0.5 won't authorize because it can't detect iLok

I recently switched from PC to MAC and Pro Tools 9 is not working on my new iMac (3.4 GHz i7, 16GB Ram, 1TB HD). When I first installed Pro Tools, and its most recent update (Pro Tools 9.0.5), it worked just fine which was good news because on my PC I kept having problems with Pro Tools not reading the iLok and therefore saying I didn't have authorization to open the program. I was so happy that I didn't have this issue with my new computer. However, that quickly ended and after one session I am again being told that I need to authorize Pro Tools, but for some reason it cannot read my iLok. The iLok is plugged in, I downloaded the most recent drivers and the blue light on the device is indicating that it is working. But for some reason Pro Tools does not recognize that it is plugged in. I have tried everything I can think of, but being new to Apple products I don't know the ins and outs of where things like drivers etc. are downloaded to and therefore cant tinker or troubleshoot. Please let me know what to do, how to fix this or what to change I need to get into Pro Tools asap! Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9.0.5 won't authorize because it can't detect iLok

I know it sounds strange, but if you haven't done so already, switch the USB port that you're plugging the iLok into. Also, if you're plugging the iLok into the USB port on the keyboard itself, it'll cause problems. (If it reads at all.) Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:32 AM

Recently I have had this problem, too.
It was not a Pro Tools problem as www.ilok.com did not see my iLok as well, only after a restart. Then it worked and after a few hours it did not again.

I reinstalled the latest iLok drivers twice (!) and have no problem since the second attempt.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 AM

Theres a new update from ilok, all of a sudden ilok decided it couldn't see my ilok this week when i was trying to synch and nothing has changed in 12 months on my system.

The update sorted it.