Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Some audio trks are missing when I bounce to disk

All the tracks in the session are selected from start to end. When I press play, all is well. When I try to bounce to disk half the tracks go missing. What am I doing wrong. HD3/G5 Quad
Old 05-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Some audio trks are missing when I bounce to disk

Do they actually physically dissapear? or are they just missing from your bounce? If they are just missing from the bounce have you double checked your bounce source is the source you are moitoring/wishing to bounce? (this has caught me out before now)

HTH

Tom
Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM

No, the audio track's do not disappear. They're just missing in the bounce. Yesterday, I bounced this tune a few times with no problems. Made some tweaks this morning, haven't been able to bounce.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:46 PM

Okay, so like i said have you double checked that the bounce source hasn't defaulted to something wierd? (like i said in my first post this may be really obvious but it has caught me out before)

If that is not the problem what sort of tweaking have you done since you last bounced?
Old 05-13-2006, 03:37 PM

I check the bounce source every time I bounce, I also have been caught by the wrong source in the past. That is not the case now. Early this morning, I added three plugins on three different channels and tweaked the volume & pan on two other. I've been trying to bounce, but it's still not working.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:45 PM

Have you done all the usuall trashing of prefs etc???

Is it always the same tracks missing?? if so can you see some link between them (same plugin or bus output for instance)??
Old 05-14-2006, 03:06 AM

Hi,

The tracks that are missing! do they have anything in common?

Just check and do the following...

Delete all Digi database files from all hard drive partitions and the digi database folder from Library/App support/digidesign.

Make sure your entire session length is selected and extend the selection to just a little past the end of the last region.

Try your HW buffer at a higher level. playback settings

Try your DAE buffer at a higher level. playback settings

Try allocating more DSP's per voices in the playback settings

What is your CPU meter usage showing?

You might have to trash all prefs and even try re-installing PT! this doesn't take long and can be done from your installer CD, using the install option and select un-install under the custom options, reboot the mac and then re-install PT again. select the safe option and this will keep all your third party plugs and just reinstall PT files and the digirack plugs.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:06 AM

may sound stupid - but make sure that all trax are set to the output u wanna bounce i.e. 01/02
Old 05-14-2006, 06:04 AM

Quote:
may sound stupid - but make sure that all trax are set to the output u wanna bounce i.e. 01/02
exactly. if you're using sub groups or a sub master (bus) as i do, it's possible to hear everything but it not be in the bounce.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:
exactly. if you're using sub groups or a sub master (bus) as i do, it's possible to hear everything but it not be in the bounce.
Well the poster seems quite confident from his replies that the "bounce sourse" has been checked as mentioned in post 2/4/5 and he "bounced yesterday with no problems"!

So it does seem like a deeper problem than the obvious ones! but yes that does sounds like the logical cause.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.