Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-22-2022, 12:32 PM

Default Pro Tools Studio 2022.05 is not showing video in the clips list

Hey everyone, new poster here. Would appreciate any help!
I am a light Pro Tools user, on Windows 10, using it mainly to build simple sessions for recording, with timecode/video sync.

My issue is: I've noticed that while working with video, the video appears nicely as a video track, but does not appear in the clips list at all.

Someone else pointed this out to me as i had left a video clip in the session thinking it had been deleted along with the track itself. They can still see the leftover video clip on their computer.
Once i've deleted the track, the video is still kept in the project workspace window and i can't delete the actual clip and that's where it gets stuck.

Is there any setting I could be missing to make it show up? I've already enabled all visibility settings, and all other audio is showing up in the clips list.

This happens to all sessions, new and old. Pro Tools otherwise works fine.

I am on the latest Pro Tools Studio, Windows 10, Ryzen 9 5900x and GTX 1080 GPU.

Other troubleshooting things i've done
  • A clean uninstall (using Revo Uninstaller) of Pro Tools, and reinstalling it with fresh preferences etc.
  • I have tried different video files (on different drives) and also looked through the preferences to see if there was a setting I missed.
  • I've also run Pro Tools as administrator and there doesn't seem to be a difference.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2022, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio 2022.05 is not showing video in the clips list

Only PT Ultimate shows video clips in the list. Since Studio can only use 1 video at a time I guess they figure you don't need to see it in the list.

When you sent the project did you do a "Save Copy In"?

If it's sticking in the session that sounds like a bug you should log with Avid support.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:32 PM

If you have deleted the video track, close the video window itself, then close and reopen the session. Is the video window now gone?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-23-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Only PT Ultimate shows video clips in the list. Since Studio can only use 1 video at a time I guess they figure you don't need to see it in the list.

When you sent the project did you do a "Save Copy In"?

If it's sticking in the session that sounds like a bug you should log with Avid support.
Thanks for this, I had no idea!! I picked up the upgrade to Studio (perpetual) last year thinking it would be enough and it honestly is except for this little annoyance then.

Re: your question, yes i do "Save Copy In". And that still copied over the stray 'invisible' video clip that i couldn't see.

I discovered from other posts that I can 'see' if there is a video file still being pointed to if i go to workspaces, default workspace, and then click on the project and if there's a 'Session Video Files' video file folder in there.

I think I did discover a workaround however - in the 'Save Copy In' menu - it won't copy the stray video clip if I select the tracks in the session and check the checkbox 'Selected Tracks Only'.