Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2021, 06:38 AM

Default MTRX Studio monitor control not working

I'm having an issue where monitor output is working correctly through the MTRX Studio but I know longer have control over the volume. I can adjust the monitor fader in DADman by either clicking and moving it or using the knob on the front of the MTRX. But it doesn't actually change the output level to the monitors--and it's coming out really loud too!

This system is used by students in our department's studio so I think someone clicked on something odd to cause this. I just can't figure out what was changed. Any ideas of what to look for?
Old 12-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: MTRX Studio monitor control not working

Greetings,

Do you have Ref engaged on the monitor output?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 12-07-2021, 08:07 AM

Attached a screenshot of DADman settings. Do you mean the Ref button in the area highlighted in red?

I think the behavior I was getting was the MTRX physical knob was adjusting the Monitor level highlighted in yellow on the attached image. That wasn't changing the actual levels going out to the speakers. It is now working correctly and moving the Monitor level highlighted in red. I'm not using the built-in MTRX monitor outs. I have monitoring going out DA 3&4.

In conclusion--a student user probably clicked or touched something that caused this issue. After getting it working correctly again, I set the DADman prefs to load-only. It will no longer save. I also changed the A, B, C assignable buttons so they won't switch to alt monitoring in case that's what caused this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dadman monitoring.jpg (45.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2021, 08:24 AM
Avid

It sounds like someone unknowingly switched to controlling and attenuating the Alt1 or Alt2 Outputs as it is impossible to control the Monitor DA level (yellow) from the encoder on MTRX Studio. Only sources and outputs which are part of the Mon row in DADman can be controlled from those assignable front panel controls.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ