Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2013, 04:11 PM

Default Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

How disappointing the PTIEP v1 does not upgrade to AIEP2. Come on, there is an obvious upgrade path there we are locked out of.

I feel completely scammed by Avid and the PTIEP. I spent hundreds of dollars thinking I was getting a supported set of VI plugs back in May, now its December and I can't use them in PT11.

With this bad taste in my mouth I want to at least look around before offloading any more of my hard earned cash on the AIEP. I use and quite like Strike, Structure & Hybrid. Can anyone suggest alternatives to these that are at least as good and as user friendly.

Thanks

PS: Is there a market for my PTIEP v1? Is there any charge to switch the iLok licence if I was to sell?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
How disappointing the PTIEP v1 does not upgrade to AIEP2. Come on, there is an obvious upgrade path there we are locked out of.

I feel completely scammed by Avid and the PTIEP. I spent hundreds of dollars thinking I was getting a supported set of VI plugs back in May, now its December and I can't use them in PT11.

With this bad taste in my mouth I want to at least look around before offloading any more of my hard earned cash on the AIEP. I use and quite like Strike, Structure & Hybrid. Can anyone suggest alternatives to these that are at least as good and as user friendly.

Thanks

PS: Is there a market for my PTIEP v1? Is there any charge to switch the iLok licence if I was to sell?
Hi

The update for PTIEP1 owners pay a measly $99 and not only will you get all the updated and better PTIEP you get LOOM ($199) and Vacuum Pro ($199) in the purchase of 99 USD so really you get an added value of $398 which is the two extremely great synths we wanted all along but felt it ws too much money, now we get 7 Awesome VI's for a $99 update which really isn't even a "thinker" here

There "might" be a small second hand market but don't expect to get more than 150 USD for it as a full update from having just Structure for instance to the Full 7 VI package is $149 so then it wouldn't make much sense to buy the PTIEP1 for hundres af dollars when you can get everything for $149 and you only need one of the older VI.

I wouldn't think about it as we were also a bit pissed off when we bought our PTIEP1 in march and now it was worthless on PT11HD but ... All good things comes to those who wait .. Alas we got all 7 VI including LOOM which were the only one we ever wanted asisde from the full PTIEP1 so yayyy to that deal

You need to get an email from inMusic with a code for the update prices as in this update you DON'T Surrender the old PTIEP1. You can email or call the support at AIR/InMusic and get that code if you haven't already. If you want the code and not have got it yet you have to be prepared to show recieps of your PTIEP1 purchase and proof of ownership if they can't see your registration. Have happened to others but not many.

You get a new Full pack with 50+ GB of NEW good and sometimes Great samples and for $99 it was worth the update 10 times over just for the fact we all get LOOM and VACUUM PRO

Best Of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-15-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

Tou need to get an email from inMusic with a code for the update prices as in this update you DON'T Surrender the old PTIEP1. You can email or call the support at AIR/InMusic and get that code if you haven't already. If you want the code and not have got it yet you have to be prepared to show recieps of your PTIEP1 purchase and proof of ownership if they can't see your registration. Have happened to others but not many.
r
My PTIEP was purchased through an AVID retailer, should this matter??
Old 12-15-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
My PTIEP was purchased through an AVID retailer, should this matter??
No that is no problem and if you have an ilok license and registered it at your Avid Account then AIR knows about that. The way we found out was thru an email this summer saying that we were eligble for the update. If you haven't gotten that email I would email them and ask for another. We lost our first email due to spam filters and got a new email with our code within an hour.

Best of Luck
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 AM

Thanks Southsidemusic,

You were bang on!

After a few emails and some confirmation of purchase I managed to get the discounted upgrade. My faith is restored, and well worth it. Though it did take 3 non-stop days to download the 60GB of data.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks Southsidemusic,

You were bang on!

After a few emails and some confirmation of purchase I managed to get the discounted upgrade. My faith is restored, and well worth it. Though it did take 3 non-stop days to download the 60GB of data.
And besides the additions of Loom and Vacuum Pro...take note of some of the added features to the others, especially Transfuser and Strike.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks Southsidemusic,

You were bang on!

Thats great to hear

We love the new sounds and well worth the 55-60GB download hassle

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM

I got the code and site keeps weirding itself out.....haven't been able to upgrade for the past month