Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Features and Suggestions

Hi mgrech,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and suggestions.

I'll pass on your suggestions to our product management team for their comments, and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Best wishes,

Joe Pearson
Old 10-18-2011, 06:46 AM

Hi there,

Firstly, thank you for this amazing piece of software. It does almost everything that I want it to.

One thing that I think would be a big plus would be to annotate with a pen device. As a chorister, I am continuously scribbling instructions on my scores. A simple (I think) single layer overlay where I can scribble/type would be a big feature for me.

One little bug that I came across: I tried to purchase a free item from the Scorch store and it said that the purchase was successful but was not downloaded to my device. The purchase is visible in the Purchases section, but I cannot redownload it either.

Regards,
Joao
Old 10-23-2011, 08:23 AM

Hi,

Thank you !

I have one additional idea using midi. Not only midi in would be nice also midi out. this would be really helpful because most of the time i play piano with headphone due to my neighbours ;-). during practice sessions i want scorch to play the music and then it would be great if the sound comes via midi through the piano to my headphones and not using the built in speakers of the ipad.

best wishes,
Martin
Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 AM

Greetings Earthlings,

Nice App you have there, and seems to work fine.
My suggestions:

- on this forum, it would be nice to have an overview of these suggestions, so as not to have to read all replies, before double posting, seeing what's in the pipeline and so

- on the app, I found already some of my suggestions in aforementioned other reactions,
- Added benefit would be to allow selection of a fragment from the score (number of bars for instance),... allowing them to be repeated to allow drill of a specific portion.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Liselore,

I've passed on your idea regarding a summary of 'already suggested' suggestions to our product manager; hopefully we'll be able to put something together for you and everyone.

Do you mean some sort of "practice mode" that would allow users to continuously play over a section? This isn't currently possible directly from Scorch, but it is possible to create scores in Sibelius with multiple repeats (the limit being 8 times).

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 11-22-2011, 06:17 AM

L.S.,

@Joe: indeed on the "practice mode". Thanks for the suggestion on "repeatable sections", however different musicians might have individual problematic sections. We would not like to have to produce 45 individual rehearsal scores.

++ sooo pleased with the mixer in scorch... I'd highly recommend/desire this feature to be introduced into scorch browser plugin too (again for "practice mode"). Currently we're producing 12 different scores (one with instrument muted, one with instrument "hightened"). Luckily this can be done in an automated way...

extra suggestions/remarks
1. while score is playing, the ipad is allowed to go into stand-by. Since the "music stand" modus prevents this... might it be possible to add a setting "don't go into stand by as long as the music is playing (c.q. scorch is running in foreground)" ?

2. if ipad is in horizontal orientation,
the visualisation in both play-back as well as in music-stand modus, only focusses on the upper portion (if the score was e.g. Portrait A4).

Maybe it is possible in horizontal-visualisation modus to (optionally) visualise the score in "Panorama" view, maybe even allowing a (number of) "focus" instrument(s) to be indicated, which then would be kept in view.

3. multi-usage start/stop button
I like.
However when the "playback" is at the end of the score, the score is "indeed" stopped, so the functionality of the start/stop button reverts to "start", which then will start the playback at the end of the score (not much to play there anymore), you then have "those 8(?) seconds" to select e.g. the "go to start" button... at end of score, maybe the play/stop button could be play/stop/restart button.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:48 PM

I just started using scorch for iPad and have found few bugs worth mentioning.

Search results do not open properly, always open first score in the main list.

Switching to part view messes up score.

Playback must be visually ahead, so that I can see next line already, not when I have to play it. Thats too late.

Please add folders or some other file structure.

Please remove blank margins from score on iPad. Do not force me to do any kind of double work, double export or whatever. That is just not right.

Thanks for great app. I am sure you will make it even better.

Miro
Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM

Hello at Scorch iOS,

I trust that other users request great small nice features and that you are working on great features anyway ;-)

But one thing:

Please make Scorch for iOS a notation software, my Sibelius on the go!

The way you can built tabs in guitar pro for iOS for example is cool.

The disadvantage of the iPad and all the apps is that you have to work on one project with different Apps which are not all compatible in their format and obviously you don't have a finder so there's multiple versions and files for one project. I mean, I have created a score already in Sibelius and it's on my iPad in Scorch. But now, if I have new ideas, notes I want to change on the go, I have to create that same piece again on my guitar pro app. And how do I get the changes back to Sibelilus/ Scorch? The iPad is great and I don't need a laptop anymore on the go. But it's full potential is only reached when you guys make the apps full featured counterparts to the desktop versions (I know they will "never" be as complex but I hope my point comes across).

So please make Scorch a notation app so that I can do "everything" just with Scorch and Garage Band.

And while you're at it, just add full iCloud compatibility to Scorch and Sibelius ;-)

Best, Jay.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 PM

I am now using this as my preferred way to practice singing. But I wouldn't use it in a recital / concert situation because:

1. I need to be able to get some organisation - the Apple bookshelf is useless - I needs 'sets' or 'playlists' that I can prepare in advance, as well as (ideally) organisation by things like composer... A piece would belong in several sets, as well as 'living' under a 'composer'.

2. I need to be able to add mark-up - the suggestion of an overlay to allow skechted marks sounds right - it's only on the iPad, but it might be nice to get back an image of it, or print it (once that works) so as to mark corrections as well as performance hints.

3. I need to be able to get around the score quickly in music stand mode. At the moment, that's mostly to go to repeats, but ideally also to go to rehearsal marks (letter A, B, C, etc). Those ought to be listed in a bar at the top or bottom (or side), so a tap would go straight there.

The first two have been mentioned, but I want you to know that they're really important. The last is an absolute must as well, for practical use. Otherwise, I'm on paper when live...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 AM

Hi
I know others have suggested it but some form of play list would be ideal. I have imported nearly 500 .sib files and for a previous caol concert I had to import the 18 files with a prefix of 01 to 18 so that they appeared at the top of the list and in order.
Ideally I should be able to create a play list, add files , change the order and as one file ends, the next opens.More importantly, if I am viewing in music stand view, the next file also opens in music stand view on the first page. (some of your pdf competitors off these sort of options).

It would also be nice to sort by type, lead, 4 part harmony, pop etc.

Many thanks
It is great to have all my music in one place now and not in copious ring binders.