Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2017, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Trasher kills Pro Tools boot up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Man View Post
OK, so removing the plugin where the launch sequence got hung up ... AIR Spring Reverb ... allowed PT to launch.

Question is, how do I fix the plug-in. Can't find a place to download it, since it was part of the PT install. Earlier I tried uninstalling, reinstalling PT and did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Media Man
It sounds like your PT install download may have gotten corrupted, if the Air Spring Reverb was part of the install and is preventing PT from launching. Can you re-download the PT installer for your version of PT and try installing again.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
It sounds like your PT install download may have gotten corrupted, if the Air Spring Reverb was part of the install and is preventing PT from launching. Can you re-download the PT installer for your version of PT and try installing again.
Yeah, it all was working fine for MONTHS until I downloaded "Trasher" and used it ONCE. Only then did the problems begin.

I don't doubt that Trasher is NOT to blame. But then, it's not a perfect world, right?

Media Man
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
The problem is with Autotune, not Pro Tools. It has never been fixed that I know of. You could probably check Antares FAQ or something and see if they fixed it. I got fed up and stopped using it. I use Revoice for my tuning now.
Yes, I was having problems with Autotune not syncing with Pro Tools.

This does not explain why IMMEDIATELY after installing and using Trasher ONCE, Pro Tools would not launch because of an Avid AIR plugin that had never prevented launch before. EVER.

Not pointing blame here, but the sequence of events is undeniable.

Media Man
Old 03-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, I was having problems with Autotune not syncing with Pro Tools.

This does not explain why IMMEDIATELY after installing and using Trasher ONCE, Pro Tools would not launch because of an Avid AIR plugin that had never prevented launch before. EVER.

Not pointing blame here, but the sequence of events is undeniable.

Media Man
Did you read my post for the fix to the Autotune problem??

It obviously exposed a problem. After deleting the prefs, it has to reload all the plugins just like after a new install - reinstall of Pro Tools. If there is problems, they will get exposed. That is part of the reason for deleting them. Trasher itself is not capable of actually causing those problems though. It is not getting anywhere near those files (plugins folder).

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Did you read my post for the fix to the Autotune problem??

It obviously exposed a problem. After deleting the prefs, it has to reload all the plugins just like after a new install - reinstall of Pro Tools. If there is problems, they will get exposed. That is part of the reason for deleting them. Trasher itself is not capable of actually causing those problems though. It is not getting anywhere near those files (plugins folder).
The "fix" recommended by Antares is not available in the hardware options menu in PT10.3.9. At the moment, that is the least of my problems, as I have a direct phone number for Antares tech support provided to me for the Auto Tune problem.

My problem is not being able to install/reinstall Pro Tools and get it to lauuch with the "built in" plugins of the Pro Tools install, specifically AIR Spring Reverb.

And although I believer YOU believe that Trasher has nothing to do with this, it started immediately after downloading and using Trasher ONCE, and I have not been able to repair with multiple attempts of reinstalling PT.

I am not suggesting your tool is bad. I am merely listing the sequence of events and repeated attempts to fix a problem that was not there before using Trasher, and hoping to find a solution.

If you have any ideas for a solution, I'm all ears. But continually telling me it's not Trasher's fault isn't fixing the problem ... or offering a solution.

Media Man
Old 03-02-2017, 11:48 AM

OK, I found a solution if this make sense to anyone.

I removed the plugin which was hanging up the launch. You can see the name in the launch Window. After dragging in out of the folder, Pro Tools launched fine. I opened and closed PT a couple of times to make sure.

Then I dragged it BACK INTO it's plugins folder, and relaunched Pro Tools. It launched just fine.

Go figure.

Now to suss out Auto Tune 8 bug with the Antares guy.

Media Man
Old 03-02-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
OK, I found a solution if this make sense to anyone.

I removed the plugin which was hanging up the launch. You can see the name in the launch Window. After dragging in out of the folder, Pro Tools launched fine. I opened and closed PT a couple of times to make sure.

Then I dragged it BACK INTO it's plugins folder, and relaunched Pro Tools. It launched just fine.
Love a happy ending …. it’s great to read it wasn’t Trasher’s “fault”.

Kudos to guitardom for “keeping his cool” ….
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!