Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2023, 10:47 AM

Default Purchasing ProTools Studio Perpetual Licenses in 2023

So I'm doing a bit of a research here before I move forward to purchase a perpetual license from a reseller. This is a tough one so I'll deeply appreciate that you please bear with me, while I get to the point. (Jump to the end if you wan't to get straight there) Here we go.

I'm part of the ones that lost their chance to get a perpetual license just before Avid took away this possibility. Just for you to know, ProTools has never been my go-to, daily base DAW, however we managed to put our hands in a big project last year that apparently will last just for a couple of months, so we decided to go with the monthly subscription for just those couple of months, because we have to deliver PT Session at the end of each day. Thing was that the project was so good for us and our client, that they extended the period and gave us more work to be done, and after one year we continue to receive jobs to be done from them.

I'll keep regretting so bad of not taking the chance of purchasing the perpetual license (Not a big fan of subscription model, honestly very expensive for what they offer in comparison to other DAWs) and now we're looking to purchase one perpetual license from a reseller that still has stock... here goes the BIG BUT: we have inquired two different resellers which apparently the still have stock of this perpetual licenses (ProTools Studio) but whenever we ask for availability they stay that they can only sell this licenses within the US.

So to wrap up all of this, do anyone of you had purchased a perpetual license this way, and being outside the US? being outside the US should be an irrelevant factor since delivery and support are to be electronically?

I'll appreciate any lights on this subject.

Thanks.