Old 02-28-2023, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Public Beta: December 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by basharar1 View Post
Good day everyone, SOFTUBE is out!
Hallelujah!
Old 03-02-2023, 07:05 AM

So my friends, I sent this to Antares yesterday. Below it is the response I got this morning.
====================

Unfortunately, I wasn’t satisfied with your response. It says:

AAX M1 native support is not yet available for our plugins since the feature is still in beta state. It will be implemented after a fully featured M1 native Pro Tools version is released.

The vast majority of major plug-in developers have released Native M1 AAX versions for their plugins for their users to test. Many M1 AAX version existed before Avid released 2022.12 and were available on the 2022.12 release day. Others released versions in December, January and February. A short (and by no means exhaustive) list from my plugin folder include: Celemony, East West, FabFilter, IK Multimedia, IZotope, oeksound, Sonarworks, Sonnex, SoftTube, SoundToys, Toontrack, Universal Audio, and Valhalla.

It’s hard to tell exactly what you’re saying about a native release from your reply. Are you saying you’re putting the onus on Avid (because the current version “in beta state”) to finally release a production version before you’ll give customers an AAX version?

If so, why? Unlike the other plugin providers listed above, I can only determine it’s not worth the allocation of resources. I find that hard to believe based on the penetration of Pro Tools in the DAW market.

Would you give me more clarity on your thinking and when we can expect an AAX M1 Native version?

==========
The reply this morning
===========
Hi there,

The AAX Native version of Pro X has just been released. You can download it from our Downloads page.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Antares Tech Support
Old 03-02-2023, 07:56 AM

Yet no official announcement by Antares? So odd.

https://antaresaudiotechnologies.my....-Release-Notes
Old 03-02-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Hallelujah!
Also this note I just read when updating the few items I have with them.

https://www.softube.com/support/faq-...equirements-01

It just talks about the supported versions of DAW etc., but worth noting. and this also at the bottom: AAX DSP version

For AAX DSP, you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 03-02-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Thanks MK!
When I'm done this week with stuff I'll dig into this.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 03-04-2023, 11:30 AM

Hej,
maybe this was answered before, but nonetheless: Is there an option in PT silicon to use all the cores on my mac? On my MacBook Pro I have 8 performance and 2 efficiency cores. PT is only using 8 cores. In Logic one can change the default behavior, that is like PT, to use all cores. No way in PT?
Cheers
Jan
Old 03-04-2023, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Christophersen View Post
Hej,
maybe this was answered before, but nonetheless: Is there an option in PT silicon to use all the cores on my mac? On my MacBook Pro I have 8 performance and 2 efficiency cores. PT is only using 8 cores. In Logic one can change the default behavior, that is like PT, to use all cores. No way in PT?
Cheers
Jan
Hi. Welcome to the forum.
No. PT doesn't have that functionality. Kind of like the way PT has always been - you can't customize it like many other apps. Stability over customizability. But I don't think it's an issue. I have four performance cores, and I don't think PT not using the efficiency cores is a problem, quite the opposite - the efficiency cores is offloading so that PT can be solid on performance cores. But this is way beyond my knowledge, it's better left to the experts.

Btw, I think this should have been posted as a separate subject/thread, so next time...
Old 03-04-2023, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Hi. Welcome to the forum.
No. PT doesn't have that functionality. Kind of like the way PT has always been - you can't customize it like many other apps. Stability over customizability. But I don't think it's an issue. I have four performance cores, and I don't think PT not using the efficiency cores is a problem, quite the opposite - the efficiency cores is offloading so that PT can be solid on performance cores. But this is way beyond my knowledge, it's better left to the experts.

Btw, I think this should have been posted as a separate subject/thread, so next time...
Thanks. Could be a good idea. When working in Logic I tend to use all cores and don‘t have problems. And I will post in a separate thread next time. I thought it had to do with the Beta.

Cheers,
Jan
Old 03-05-2023, 11:45 PM

Pro Tools 2022.12 installed - check
Pro tools in Beta Mode - Check
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max - Check
Installed the newest and latest plugins - Check
Correct ilok licenses on ilok key check
Plugs ins are not showing up in pro tools
like Slate for example - even though they are on the list
in fact hardly any 3rd party plugins are showing up 2 out of 200 work - Avid ones all work fine
What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-06-2023, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchmix View Post
Pro Tools 2022.12 installed - check
Pro tools in Beta Mode - Check
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max - Check
Installed the newest and latest plugins - Check
Correct ilok licenses on ilok key check
Plugs ins are not showing up in pro tools
like Slate for example - even though they are on the list
in fact hardly any 3rd party plugins are showing up 2 out of 200 work - Avid ones all work fine
What am I doing wrong?
Do you get errors when opening PT after Plug IN scanning, like "this is not a valid ..."?
If so, I find out it is the best way to open PT fist time in Rosetta and scanning all plug ins and than open it in native mode. This works for me.
Closed Thread