Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2000, 11:58 PM

Default Digidesign Should Recompensate Customers

Greetings to all Digi users....and Digidesign....
I have been studying the DUC responses
and have noticed alot of inquiries of the
"removal of SMPTE and "no complete working midi interface".....along with other flaws, but these two being the biggest concern.
Since the midi interface does not properly work and the SMPTE was removed ---- without you (Digidesign) notifying us "Before" we made the purchase...........because I'm sure alot of your customers would not have purchased this unit....So why doesn't Digidesign recompensate (out of respect and courteousy) their customer....since we respect Digi enough to spect our hard earned dollars with your products.
You (Digidesign) could have given us the Demo plug-ins(or at least several of them) for recompensation, instead of a 15-day trial.....or send us some type of up-grade to enhance the Digi001, to fix these problems thats all your users are writing about.....you are a multi-billion dollar company...what can you loose that we haven't lost by purchasing the Digi ?
We would not write to you guys about these problems we are up-set about if it was no big deal...but it is something that needs to be addressed by Digidesign.
Remember there was advertisements,on the Digi001 box and in the brochures that specified midi interface and SMPTE were included. So just out of customer satisfaction shouldn't you give us something to make up for this unjust ?

------------------
"Thou"(Artist/Producer) http://home.earthlink.net/~tunednlife
Old 11-29-2000, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Digidesign Should Recompensate Customers

I wish Digi would recompensate me with a working patch for midi in with 3rd party!!! (logic audio).

One can always dream.
David.

6am eternal

6am eternal
Old 11-29-2000, 08:33 AM

Just for the record, Avid isn't a multi-billion dollar company, it's a $480 million company.

I think the most obvious solution would be for digi to release a hardware-independent version of PT, but that will probably never happen.

Mike
Old 11-29-2000, 09:01 AM

i bought the digi 001 in may 2000 and i am very unhappy with the midi interface problem. if digi design can't give us users a solution i think we should consider a class action law suit to compensate for all the gear i bought to accommedate the digi 001.
i am a professional and even though i expected the learning curve to take time, i did expect it all to work. acompany that has 450 million did not get there by cheating customers... or did they.

I WANT A SOLUTION NOW. I HAVE BUSSINESS TO FINISH AND THE $2800 I HAVE JUST SPENT IS WASTED.

WHAT UP DEGIDESIGN??????