Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM

Default Ilok Transfer Issue bundled license PTHD10, PTHD9

I have a bundled license that includes PTHD10, PT10, PTHD9 and PT9. I just sold my Native system and am having a problem transferring the software. I receive this error message when I try to transfer through the Ilok Transfer Manager: "These licenses have restrictions that prevent transfer". I contacted Ilok and they're reply was "Only Avid has control over the restrictions they put on their licesnes" Has anybody had this experience? Very frustrating.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Ilok Transfer Issue bundled license PTHD10, PTHD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesteen View Post
I have a bundled license that includes PTHD10, PT10, PTHD9 and PT9. I just sold my Native system and am having a problem transferring the software. I receive this error message when I try to transfer through the Ilok Transfer Manager: "These licenses have restrictions that prevent transfer". I contacted Ilok and they're reply was "Only Avid has control over the restrictions they put on their licesnes" Has anybody had this experience? Very frustrating.
Yep, you can't do that anymore.

This has been discussed a lot on the DUC. Did you try searching?

Avid has blocked transfer of iLok Pro Tools *HD* license assets. Apparently to align with the restriction in the Avid EULA on selling HD software. You can transfer those assets onto your own iLok, just not to another user. If it was me I'd burn this to another iLok and give that iLok to the purchaser of your HD hardware. And make sure you also complete the transfer of ownership paperwork. Avid really are not doing a good job here, they should allow transfer of the HD software *with* a hardware sale, the problem for them is likely confirming that actual hardware sale.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 PM

I did a few searches but couldn't find anything that was specific to the error I am receiving. This really sucks. How do you burn to another Ilok? Thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesteen View Post
I did a few searches but couldn't find anything that was specific to the error I am receiving. This really sucks. How do you burn to another Ilok? Thanks
Buy another iLok2, insert into your computer and transfer between them using the license manager.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Finally, an answer from Toby at Avid CS which should clear things up for a lot of us out there:

A restriction was placed on HD license transfers via PACE as a fraud prevention mechanism.

We can assist in this case to move the Pro Tools HD 10 license bundle from your ilok account to the account of the new owner.

In order to do this you will need to 'deactivate' the HD10 bundle from your ilok using the iLok License Manager. Sign-in to ILM and right-click on that asset to 'deactivate' and return it to your ilok account.

Once that's done we'll be able to remove it from your ilok account.

In order to re-deposit the asset onto the destination ilok account there will be a small charge. Please purchase the 'Service Transfer / Replacement Fee' from the Avid web store:
http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...06756054845840

Once you have made this purchase, let me know your Avid store order number and the destination ilok user account ID to re-deposit the HD10 license.

Any questions or problems please let me know.

Best regards,

Toby
Avid Audio CS
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM

It is great that Avid is doing this to allow the sale of HD hardware and bundled licenses.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Buy another iLok2, insert into your computer and transfer between them using the license manager.
Darryl - that doesn't work anymore either b/c of the grace period fiasco
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Darryl - that doesn't work anymore either b/c of the grace period fiasco
I was talking about transferring *within* your own account to another of your own iLoks, then giving the purchaser that iLok, not transferring to another account.

But anyhow that is irrelevant, if as the newer posts indicate Avid will help you transfer HD assets (I assume they are lookign at the transfer of ownership paperwork as well/checking the bundled hardware has been sold as a part of this). That is good news.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:59 PM

Yes it is - good for them
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:54 PM

They actually didn't ask me for any paperwork of proof of ownership. They possibly could have checked my Avid account to see if my hardware was registered but I don't know. You have to be persistent with them. Initially they said no but I replied back and let them know that this was unacceptable and just said I was selling a complete Native system with HD interface and they came back with the link to make the transfer. It was very simple. I deactivated the licenses, clicked on the link they sent and paid the $20 bucks in the Avid store. Then sent back the Confirmation ID with the new owner's Ilok user ID and that was it. We're not finished yet because I'm waiting to hear back from Avid CS for confirmation of the transfer. I'll believe it when the new owner is actually able to launch PT.