Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-06-2021, 08:47 PM

Default help

I had a friend give me pro tools 11 . He sent me the he sent me the AVID audio transfer of ownership. I have a ilok manager on my windows 10. I don't know what to buy so it will work ? any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:51 AM

Default Re: help

Buy an iLok 2 or 3(around $40). Open an iLok account at iLok.com(free)and write down the login info somewhere(its amazing how many people forget their info). I put mine on a post-it and stick to the back of one of my monitors Download and install the ILM(iLok Management) software. After the reboot, open ILM and sign in. Connect the iLok to a USB port and the ILM software will ask if you want to register it to your account(you do). Then have your friend transfer the iLok license from their account to your account. Once you see it under the "Available" list, drag and drop the license onto your iLok

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-07-2021, 09:26 AM

Default Re: help

Hey Dave, thanks for replying. To be honest I'm a little frozen on what to buy to get up and running with pro tools. I have a Control 24 focusrite and a AVID 8x8x8 i/0 and I bought a card that was not working. So i need an interface for my computer and also I need to know what piece of hardware goes with the avid i/o to the computer. I downloaded V Pro and it now sees my control 24 in the program Reaper so i just need the last piece then to get pro tools happening. My understanding is that the avid hd native pcie card will work if i can find one thats working. Do those cards fit in my pc and a mac. I find people are pulling them out of macs which i understand but i need to know it will work and complete my interface. Also, is there another way to interface the control 24 and avid i/o to something else ?