Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 04-01-2022, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellotronik View Post
Unfortunately, not

Hi, any news on that?

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-01-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romhey View Post
Hi, any news on that?

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk Pro
Hi!

Well, Mark took over the issue and it's now resolved.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
After the 10th, it will flip to a perpetual license. Once it's in a perpetual state, it'll loose anything associated with the subscription... things like the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, & Melodyne 5. Let me know if this is not the case today!
Having the same issue. Mine never flipped to perpetual so I just have an expired sub.
Case file# 04423246
Old 05-24-2022, 07:23 AM

Just an update. The issue was eventually resolved but should have never escalated the way it did. Lost several days of being unable to use my Carbon until they send me a temp 14 day license. After which they came through with the perpetual parachute a few days later.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:07 AM

So my Carbon license for Pro Tools showed up today as expired subscription. No grace period, no parachute perpetual kicked in. Just left with useless expired subscription. My system id is -. Any help from Avid would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by jeffro; 09-21-2022 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Removed System ID.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:29 AM

same happened here, parachute didn't open and my ProTools Carbon license just shows up as a expired subscription (Sep 10th, 2022).

how can I reach AVID support regarding this?

EDIT Correction: I just had a look at my iLok and on Sep 10th a license for Pro Tools Studio Perpetual was deposited.
It's just that this is not reflected on the details in my AVID account on the AVID website.
So all good, this is just cosmetics I guess..

Last edited by jeffro; 09-21-2022 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Removed System ID from post.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romhey View Post
So my Carbon license for Pro Tools showed up today as expired subscription. No grace period, no parachute perpetual kicked in. Just left with useless expired subscription. My system id is -. Any help from Avid would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Started a support case for you so watch for an email update. Please also check your Products Not Yet Downloaded in my.avid.com since you also have a Pro Tools Ultimate waiting to be redeemed - that was provided as part of the promo last year.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:26 AM

Hi Jeffro
thank you for taking care of that. Pro Tools works as perpetual now and everything on the ilok side seems to be ok.
However on my Avid account it still shows as expired subscription, and only way to reactivate is to enter subscription renewal code. There is no way to resubscribe from the account. Is it how it should be?
And yes, I am aware about unused PT Ultimate code, just don't need it right now, waiting for better days. I hope there is no expiration on that.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:38 AM

Hi,

My Pro Tools Carbon subscription expired on 10/02/22. It's still showing as an expired sub and did not convert to the perpetual license. Is there something I need to do to activate the perpetual parachute option? I have no intention of resubscribing at this time. And yes, I do have an active sub(perpetual bundle) on my iLok and an unused PT Ultimate that's separate from what I'm talking about here. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:27 AM

So having gone through this process a couple of months ago. I came to the conclusion that the "Perpetual Parachute" is not an automatic process. After reading through all the documentation it doesn't actually mention it being an automated process anywhere. Knowing that, the most frustrating thing was that you had to let your subscription expire (including the grace period) in order to start a support ticket with Avid. I personally ended up with a day or 2 with no license. After which they send me a temporary license followed up by the perpetual license a couple of days later. If you read through this thread you will see others having the same problem. In the end Avid corrected it for everyone but not until there was interruption with in the subscription.
Now since I had the Ultimate Perpetual license, I ended up not renewing the Carbon subscription. I would like to at some point re-up the subscription again but can't really find any documentation on this. Do I get a regular Subscription and hope that it will revert back to a perpetual license after a year!? Or is there a specific Carbon Subscription?