Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2014, 01:42 PM

Default PT rig upgrade

Hi folks,
I am retiring a older eight core rig and thinking a new mac pro w Aja ioXT as my io. It has eight analog outs on a db 25 and all the video outs once could ever want as well as ref in. The big question is, can I bail on my HD hardware and allow PT to see the tri level sync via the Aja to ensure rock solid playback?
I would use the 11HD software without any PT hardware at all and pull my hardware (omni, sync hd, native card).
Am I crazy or is this a very quiet and tidy solution?
Old 11-14-2014, 01:50 PM

Default Re: PT rig upgrade

I don't believe that you can lock to video sync without a Sync I/O or HD when running native. I tried it on PT9HD years ago without luck.
-Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin View Post
Hi folks,
I am retiring a older eight core rig and thinking a new mac pro w Aja ioXT as my io. It has eight analog outs on a db 25 and all the video outs once could ever want as well as ref in. The big question is, can I bail on my HD hardware and allow PT to see the tri level sync via the Aja to ensure rock solid playback?
I would use the 11HD software without any PT hardware at all and pull my hardware (omni, sync hd, native card).
Am I crazy or is this a very quiet and tidy solution?